Chapter 48: A Much Needed Trip Down Memory Lane

I was standing outside Inko's door, my hand hovering over the doorbell.
I pushed down, and within ten seconds a lady opened the door, looking at me in recognition before she began sobbing.

Inko Midoriya was almost a second mum to me when I was younger, taking care of me whenever my mum went away.
She fell into my arms, almost causing me to stumble back.

"Inko.. I'm so sorry." I whispered, as I walked into her house, bringing her with me as I slipped my shoes off at the door.
"It's not your fault Y/N, honey, it's not your fault." She sobbed, as I led her to the couch.
"I think I'm the one who failed him, you know? I should've brought him up better, to be a little more selfish like his father. Then he would've focused on saving himself and not overs. I just wish I had done more." She cried.

"Inko, please don't blame yourself. I'll try find him for you, but he was getting better last I checked. He tried to save a woman to let her have her baby. He tried, and he was getting better." I smiled sadly.
She just nodded, wiping her eyes with a sniffle as she turned to me.

"Something came in the mail for you. Your mum got me to watch your house whilst she's been gone." Inko said, standing up as she wandered off.
My eyes caught on the photos on the wall, as I stood up, wandering over.
It was a photo of me and Izuku, hand in hand sprawled on his bed, All Might decor everywhere.
The photo beside it was the three of us- Bakugo, Izuku, and me, at the beach.
Me and Bakugo had buried Izuku in sand, and only his head was poking out like a bush, as we laughed at him.

The next picture was me and Izuku, on our first day of school.
My mum was away a lot, so I lived with Izuku majority of the time.
All my first day photos were with him.

There was one standing on the counter as I walked over, picking it up.
It was me and Izuku in our UA uniform, excited for our first day.
He had his arm draped over my shoulder, as I held myself close to him.

I missed those days so much.

Inko came back, passing me the parcel.
I opened it, noticing the lack of a return address, with only my name scrawled on the front.

It was a photo album- no, a journal.
I flicked through the pages, instantly noticing the handwriting.
It was Izuku's journal.
Not his hero journal, but another one.

It's my first day of UA with Y/N!
I'm so excited- I really hope we're in the same class. Having a familiar face would make it so much better.

We are! Ah it's a dream come true! Kacchan is in our class too. He happily spoke to Y/N- well, as happy as he can speak to a person.

We had this training program today. Villains attacked us, and it was terrifying. But honestly my focus was on Y/N. If she wasn't safe nothing really mattered. I'm starting to think I love her, and it's more than some childhood crush.

Y/N was taken. I'm so angry with myself. I saw it happen and I couldn't do nothing. The league took her and I will get her back, I swear by it. Me and a group of my classmates are going. Including Todoroki.
He seemed to be oddly close with Y/N of all people. I saw it in his eyes.
Although that isn't my main concern.
What is, is getting her back to safety.

I feel split right down the middle. I can't put it any other way. There's someone else living in my head and I feel sick.
I haven't seen Y/N in a month, as the league has kept me trapped.

I saw Y/N today. Well, I stalked her. It's not my fault. I can't exactly walk up to her. I've been gone for six months.
The league plans on attacking the school. Apparently Y/N is split too, like how I have my half, she has hers.
Her name is Yumi apparently.

I hurt Y/N. I hate myself so much. Well, I didn't. He did. But he is me and I am him, so it is my fault. I definitely love her.

The entries continued like this, documenting every important day as I started to cry.
There was only one last entry for two weeks ago.

I officially think that I have fallen in love with Y/N. I should have sacrificed everything back then, but I was weak.
Y/N, if I were with you right now, I would hug and hold you so tight.
Because I love you, and I always have.
I hope Todoroki or Bakugo treats you well.
Love, Izuku.

"Does this mean.." My voice cracked slightly, before shaking my head, slamming the book shut.
Ink couldn't spare a glance my way.

"He sent me a letter. He said he was going away for awhile. He can't come back, the time in prison just keeps counting so he's hiding. I've lost my son forever." She whispered, smiling sadly as she looked to me.

At that moment the doorbell rung, as I stood up for Inko, who had taken the journal from me.

I unlocked the door, pulling it open.

My heart was pounding out of my chest.

"Izuku? You're- you're alive?" I asked.
He avoided my eyes, and that's when I saw it.

His body was beaten and bruised, his face sunken in.
But he had built more muscles, but then again, they could just stand out due to his loss of weight.

I stood aside, as he stepped in.

I pulled him into a hug straight away, not caring to push the door closed as I started to cry.
"You're such an asshole, y'know that?"

I pulled away, to look into his eyes.
"Say something, god dammit." I said, shaking him slightly.

"I love you." He croaked out, barely, before his eyes rolled and he collapsed forward onto me, in an unconscious heap.

When Inko came running over, I would never forget the expression on her face.

Disappointment, relief, fear, love and confusion all in one muddled glance, before she cried.

I was crying too as I placed him in his bed, laying down next to him, keeping him to my chest.

I couldn't lose him again.

As 'crazy' as he was, as fucked up as it all was, I loved him.

I loved him more than he probably loved me, and that was okay.

I could live with that.