Chapter 16: Medicine

THUD.

"Now now there, miss y/n, jumping without having an exact plan for your safety isn't the smartest thing."

Y/N stared wide-eyed as the masked magician, Compress, caught her in his arms.

"Let go.." She grumbled, attempting to shake out of his grasp as he landed in a nearby window ledge.

Mr Compress obliged, placing the girl down on the window ledge.

"Now then, let's remove these." He spoke, tugging on y/n's handcuffs.

"Please.. don't.." You pleaded, pulling your wrists away from his gloved hands, a pleading look in your eyes.

"Hm, why not?" Compress asked, moving his hands away and standing up straight.

"I'm scared..." You said, a tear slipping down your cheek. "Can you bring me Deku.."

Compress looked down at you, his posture confused at your words.

"Of course.. wait here." He said after awhile, jumping back into the prison.

You smirked, wiping your tear away.

Those acting classes back in grade school really did pay off.

That was your cue.

Now being lower down, jumping from this ledge shouldn't hurt as much.
The drop was still at the very least 10 metres.

I glanced to my cuffed wrists, and back to the floor. If I jump down, I won't be able to grab another ledge without a hell of a lot of effort.

I gulped, before pushing myself off the window ledge, hitting the floor with a loud THUD.

I groaned as I landed on my back, feeling my spine tingle and my hips crack.

"Fuck.." you groaned, pushing yourself up weakly with your hands.

You crawled painfully into nearby bushes, not daring to stop as sirens blared in the distance.

"Y/N! Where did you go!" You heard his voice growl, the light flashing from his quirk growing ever closer.

You felt the pain and exhaustion begin to take over as you crawled, your knees bloody, your wrists sore and aching.

As you reached the road, you felt a pair of hands grab you from behind.

"Y/N." The voice growled.

He turned you around harshly, the green glow in his eyes shining in rage.

"Why'd you run off on me like that. You bitch." Deku growled, kicking you in the side.

You coughed, blood splattering out as your rib cracked.

"Deku.. I'm sorry.." you cried, tilting your head slightly to look up at the boy.

He leaned down, grabbing your bleeding wrists. "These are coming off now." He growled, his voice lowering an octave.
He fumbled with your handcuffs, despite his rough figure, he didn't want to hurt you more when removing them.

His face was so close to yours.

"No.." you mumbled, pulling yourself closer.

And you kissed him.

Deku's eyes widened at the sudden motion, his hands lowering from your wrists.

He pushed your mouth open with his tongue, slipping his own into your mouth.

His hands trailed to your hips, sliding up the back of your shirt.

A tear trickled down your cheek, still holding the kiss.

Why did you love him..

Why did you love a monster..

"Y/N.. god dammit.. I want you so bad.." he mumbled, pulling away slightly from the kiss, leaving a string of saliva between your mouths.

"I want you too.. but I want the real you.." you blurted out.

"This is the real me, y/n." He spoke gently, his eyes diluting, pupils big and bright once more. A smile was bright in his face, the same goofy grin you always loved.

"What do we do.. about the other you.. and the other me.." you sighed, moving away from him slightly incase he snapped again.

"I don't know.. we'll figure something out." Midoriya smiled, standing up.

He brushed the dirt off his clothes, before helping you stand up.

With a groan, you stood up painfully.

"Fuck.. pretty sure one of my ribs and some of my hip is broken." You grumbled, holding your side.

"That's my fault.. I'm sorry.. this is all my fault.." Midoriya spoke, his voice sad.

"You didn't choose this. I don't blame you." You smiled.

Midoriya picked you up in his arms, his quirk activating. "The other me is sleeping. Let's go."

He jumped away from the prison, leaving the league alone.

The police had finally arrived at the prison, along with the pro heroes.

Mr Aizawa looked around the prison anxiously, the words of the prison guards ringing in his head.

"One of your students is here."

Y/N was in trouble again.
And he was too late to save his student.
Again.

He looked off into the distance.

A small spark of green flashed in the distance.

He stared wide-eyed, before realising the one prisoner who was no longer there.

Izuku Midoriya.
His old student.

He had kidnapped y/n again.

Without explaining what he was doing to the cops, Mr Aizawa ran off, hoping he wasn't too late.

Midoriya ran across the rooftops of Tokyo, holding you tight in his arms.

You held yourself close to his chest, the sound of his heartbeat loud under your ear.

Your old friend was back.

Maybe he could be even more, when everything was fixed.

Ever since you were young, Midoriya always was your light. He was so bright and confident, and amazing in everything he did.

And he was nice.

And you loved him.

But maybe he didn't feel the same..

"Midoriya..?" you asked.

"Yes, y/n?" He asked, not looking down at you.

"Do you love me?"

"Do you want the truth?"

"Yes." Your heart hammered in your chest. Maybe it was a waste of time.

Maybe loving him was a losing game..

A game I was destined to never win...

"Well... I-"

BANG.

CRASH.

"Freeze! Criminal! You're under arrest!"