Chapter 42: Marbleised

"What the hell do you mean they took her?" Midoriya half yelled.
Yumi placed a finger to her lips.

"If you get yourself caught it'll look bad, and I'm legally dead. Look- he wanted me, and Compress took her. She told me to leave to tell you. So the heroes can track her." Yumi rambled.
"The hell can I do? If I know she's missing do you know how suspicious I'll look? Okay- go to UA. Find Todoroki. He can help. Or Bakugo, or any of that class. Those two are most likely to help you out of everyone, though." Midoriya explained, glancing around worriedly.

"Okay, okay." Yumi said, running a hand through her hair.
"Now put me back before I'm caught. I've already got years of prison sentences ahead of me." He grumbled.

Yumi rolled her eyes.
"Learn to live on the edge, seriously."
With a flick of her wrist, he was sent back to his cell, as she was on her way.

"Well a wannabe hero my ass. He's useless." She tutted, shifting into the ground, and infiltrating UA's dorms.
She stayed in the shadows as she moved around, looking into every room, until she finally found who she was looking for.
Todoroki.

She shifted out, using the shadows to turn the camera.
"Todoroki. It's me, Yumi. Y/N's other half." She whispered, making him look up from his desk.
"I thought you were, like, dead?" He asked.

"Well I am? Officially. Y/N brought me back because I'm a mother but that's besides the point. The LOV took her. I know you're still healing but I can fix you in like two seconds. Midoriya was as useless as a sack of bones, and told me to get you or Bakugou. He scares me though so here I am, with you." Yumi explained.

Todoroki sighed. "She never gets a break."

"No, she doesn't. This time it's my fault though." Yumi said, sitting awkwardly on his bed, touching his shoulder gently, as his bandaged body was surrounded in a dark cloud, and as it faded away, the bandages were gone.
He stretched out.

"Wow.." He said.

"I know. Usually it's a lot more effective. You might still feel a bit stiff. I'm so sorry, there was something really wrong with Deku in that battle.. that wasn't the real him." Yumi whispered, feeling tears fall from her eyes.

Todoroki didn't really know how to comfort the girl, so he just rubbed her back awkwardly.
"I believe you? He didn't really seem like his villain self, although, that was my first time facing him. No second- yeah the first was terrible too. Great first impression." Todoroki joked.

Then there was a knock at his door, as Ida pushed it open.

"The class is having a race in the pool- what the fuck." Ida said.
He had seen Yumi's blood covered body, and here she was, alive and well.

"Todoroki, who is this?" He asked.

"Oh.." Todoroki started, turning to look at Yumi, a pleasing look in his eyes.
"Oh I'm his cousin. I know I look a lot like that villain, it's all because I dyed my hair black.. sorry to scare you." Yumi grinned, wrapping an arm around Todoroki.

"How come we didn't see her enter the building?" Ida half whispered.

"She likes to be extra. Coming in through the window and shit. Don't worry, Aizawa knows she's here, I had to fill out a bunch of paperwork and stuff." Todoroki said, waving Ida away.

"But no thank you to the pool."

Ida looked skeptical as he walked off, as Yumi started laughing.

"The guy looked like he had seen a ghost. I'm not that scary, am I?" She chuckled, moving away from Todoroki.

"My cousin? That's a bold move. What if he asked you about your quirk?" He asked.

"I could either say I didn't have one, or, it was just fire or just ice. I can manipulate peoples shadows remember, and that involves their quirk. Y/N can, too, she just needs a bit more training." Yumi explained, looking around.

"Your room is really empty. Except for that photo of you and Y/N. It's cute." Yumi noticed.

"Thanks.. can I talk to you about something, or are you and Y/N still like connected?" Todoroki asked.

"I can speak and see into her head more than she can see into mine, so go for it." Yumi said.

Todoroki sighed. "I think I like Y/N, like a lot. I was going to tell her recently, but since Midoriya is back, I think I lost my chance." He said slowly.

Yumi grabbed his hand in hers, rubbing it gently.

"You know, things might not work out between those two. I know for sure she thinks it's fated, but they were mainly drawn together due to me and Deku. Without us, it might all fall apart. I'm not telling you to wait for her, but I trust you. If he hurts her, pick up the pieces and take care of her for me." Yumi said, smiling.

"You seem a lot stronger than him, too. I trust you more. That sounds bad, but part of Deku is in Midoriya, and I don't know what part, but it's bad news."

"When that part comes into play, Y/N is going to be the victim of it all."

When I came to, I was tied down, in another bar.

It smelt of stale wine and the air was thick with the stench of either blood or cigarettes. Or maybe both.

"Another bar? How creative." I muttered.

There was no one in sight, from where I could see, so I lay my head back, waiting.

"Ah the hero is awake." Shigaraki scoffed.

"Yeah I am. If you didn't knock me out, you wouldn't of had to wait for me to wake up." I grinned.

He hovered his face right in front of me, his red eyes staring like daggers into mine.

"I don't think you're in a position to argue with me." He said, touching my chin with his gloved hand.

"If Yumi comes to get you, it'll be her death. But she already ran away from you once, I doubt she'll come and get you." Shigaraki grinned back.

"Oh well whether she does or doesn't, it doesn't really effect me. Kill me, I dare you. You'll just fuel a whole bunch of shit." I spat.

"Why would I do that my dear? I want you to suffer. I need you to be so weak so I can create a better Yumi. I'll need a better Deku, too, so whatever boy comes for you, he's going to suffer just like you. Because you always make people suffer." Shigaraki chuckled, and with that, he ripped off his glove, and placed all five fingers onto my neck.

The pain began.