Chapter 41: Just an experiment

It was dark, and I felt Yumi's shadow wrap around me, as there was smoke, and fog.

"Y/N, hang tight." She whispered, grabbing a scalpel herself as she got ready to fight.
I could see her stance in the dim light, as her eyes followed the shadows of the room.

There was a gun, as I screamed.

"YUMI! YOUR LEFT!" I yelled out.
She dodged effortlessly.

Then there was a scream, as the morgue lady was on the floor, blood pooling as her leg bled.
She sure as hell wouldn't die.
She was being very dramatic, too.

"I thought you had ran off. Stupid bitch." Yumi said, breathing through her teeth.
As the lights flickered back on, I saw them.

It was silent, as everyone registered the scene.

Shigaraki walked in front, Dabi, Twice and Mr Compress close behind him.

"Let's do this quickly, yes? Yumi, surrender yourself." Shigaraki said, tilting his head, his red eyes gleaming menacingly out from under the hand stuck to his face.

"No, thank you. I'm busy here." Yumi said, letting the shadow around me fade as she pulled me close.

"You mean you're busy bringing your disgusting ass back to life for some experiment child? That baby will be a failure just like you and Deku." Shigaraki scoffed.

"You don't know that." Yumi hissed in response.
"Oh, I do. I made your bodies, remember?" Shigaraki said.
"Sad to say you did."

"Shigaraki just fuck off." I said.

"Compress, can you deal with Y/N. This is villain stuff, her sad pitiful hero self couldn't deal with it." He scoffed.
Compress ran forward, as I jumped back, pulling a shadow out in front of me, throwing compress to the side.

He then appeared behind me, as I quickly tried to change my shadows direction.
But I was unsuccessful, as I felt myself shrink, and it all go dark.

____________

Yumi just turned, watching me vanish, heart pumping fast as she felt herself panic.

"You're just an experiment Yumi, one that failed horribly. So you either come back with me so I can fix you and start all over again. Or, you die here. For the second time, but this time not in your romantic double suicide." Shigaraki offered.

"How about none, hm? But first I would let Y/N go. You're just scared she'll hurt you, because she's stronger than you." Yumi chuckled.

Shigaraki scoffed.
"Stronger? Than me? Oh you've got to be joking. I have PLENTY of quirks to my disposal, and she has what, one? I'm sure I'd easily overpower her."

Yumi just rolled her eyes.
"Typical supposed overpowered villain talk. You guys are just sad. You had so much potential, but one flicker and, well, you're nothing but the crumbs of what you used to be. Deku carried your team, and now you're just making up excuses to be needed in this rotten world." She scoffed, glancing around.
There was no way of escape.
Plus, she needed to somehow get Y/N back before she could even think of leaving.

Leave without me, Yumi. Tell Midoriya what happened, and the heroes will track me, kay?

Yumi just sighed, half smiling.
"You're such an idiot Y/N, but fine."

So Yumi slipped into the ground, and disappeared, blanket pulled tight around her body.
As she reappeared, she snuck around someone's house, taking clothes from a clothesline.
"Sorry, but I need them more than you." She scoffed, getting changed quickly, pulling the jumpers hood over her head as she half ran to the police station.

"Fuck, right I'm a villain. Well, time for an infiltration mission, I suppose." Yumi chuckled, as she pulled an officer that was walking by into an alley, and her plan to get to Midoriya began.

"Fuck. Now that Midoriya's back, I've lost my chance." Todoroki said through his teeth, as he lay in the hospital bed, head in his hands.
"You're always too late. Idiot, idiot, idiot." He repeated to himself, tears starting to pour down his face.

He was in a mess.
Y/N loved Midoriya, and Midoriya loved her.
But Todoroki loved her too.
But what was he compared to him?
Midoriya had known Y/N ever since she was a child.
Todoroki had only known her since the beginning of the year.

"Stop crying icy-hot, you look like a cry baby." Bakugou scoffed, as he stood at the door to Todoroki's hospital room.
"You're just an emotionless pig, Bakugou." Todoroki scoffed, rubbing his eyes, wiping away the tears.

"Let me guess what you're crying over." Bakugou started, taking a seat in the room.
"Since Midoriya is practically officially back, you've lost your chance at being with Y/N. Am I correct?" He smirked.
"What about you? Don't you like her?" Todoroki asked.

Bakugou just looked away.
"At least I had told her. Couldn't imagine what it would feel like to be in your position." He chuckled, standing up.
"I sense something is going to happen really soon. So maybe you'll get your chance after all."
He started leaving.
"After all, when has this year ever been normal?"

Yumi wandered around cautiously, hair tucked inside the police hat.
The uniform was too big for her, and sagged down on her body.
She hoped she was convincing as she scanned the cells, which held countless villains, and other people.
Why call them villains when they could simply be innocent?

In her mind, her and Deku were innocent.

Yes, they killed, but it wasn't their fault.
They were programmed that way. Built to be killing machines.
Experiments in a child's game.
They should hold some of the responsibility, but not the whole thing.
As she reached the end of the hall, she found Midoriya, head in his knees.
He looked tired.

She gripped at the lock, crushing it as she opened the door.
"Midoriya. Psst." She whispered, keeping the police cap down on her head.
He looked up.
"Yumi?" He asked.
She just nodded, looking around, as she pulled a shadow clone from the ground, before taking Midoriya down with her, as they moved outside.

"Fuck- tell me before you do that next time! What if we get caught?" Midoriya half yelled.
"Don't worry, my clone has you covered. I have all these weird quirks- extras if you must. I think it's from the fact my bodies not biologically made, that it can withstand the different quirks, and not turn me into a Nomu, you know?" Yumi rambled.
Midoriya was glancing around her whilst she was rambling, his breath hitching.

"Where's Y/N?" He suddenly asked.

"About that.." Yumi started, looking away guiltily.

"The league took her."