29

Cordelia had finished school, her NEWts and all her assignments to her professors. The seventh years graduated and had a small little party with their year and their professors. Lily, Remus and Severus were the student who received honor roll and a certificate for being the top three in their classes.

About a week later, Sirius and Cordelia were walking down the block to Cordelia's house, "So, when is the first order's meeting?" She looked over at Sirius who shrugged his shoulders, "I'm not sure," he paused as he kicked a rock down the street, "Whenever Dumbledore or McGonagall send us a patronus I'm guessing," They walked for a while when they arrived to her street.

"Now that I'm thinking of it, why didn't we apparated to your house?" Sirius questioned as they were turning the street, "For a nice night walk," Cordelia smiled as the two saw Alex and Dorcas kissing at the front of the door.

"Oi!" Sirius shouted, the two quickly jumped apart from each other, Cordelia scolded him and told Sirius to let Alex be, "I'll see you tomorrow," He pecked her lips before quickly going back to the Potter's house. It was quiet in the Potter's house since it was only James and Sirius now, ever since James's parents have been at hospital for a couple week after getting Dragon Pox.

Cordelia walked up to Alex and Dorcas, "I'll see you on Tuesday!" Dorcas pecked his cheek and apparated after she said goodnight to Cordelia. They saw a figure pass by the neighbors house, "What the hell was that," Alex thought out loud, "I have no idea," Cordelia responded as they slowly made their way to the neighbors backyard.

"Fancy, seeing you here," Alex and Cordelia turned around to see Rebekah standing in front of them, "Well, we don't usually sneak and break into out neighbors backyard that often," Cordelia sarcastically said as she moved closer to her cousin.

"What do you want, Rebekah," He impatiently asked her as she stood up, "Don't you think I kiss better than that little witch bitch?" She smirked at Alex who went red and threw her across the lawn, "she's way better, and less psychopathic too," he pinned her to the outside wall of the house, "This position seems very familiar," The vampire chuckled as she pushed him off of her.

"Ventus," Cordelia put her hand up as Rebekah fell to the ground from the torrent of wind, "exsurgo!" she shouted as multiple play toys from their neighbour kid's flew at the vampire. Rebekah hissed at them before pinning Cordelia towards the fence.

"Enough!" Alex demanded, "What do you want!" He asked the vampire who sinisterly smiled, "To make you distracted," Alex and Cordelia looked at each other, confused, "Oh, you probably don't want to go back home, it's pretty bloody,"

After the vampire was done talking, she disappeared, leaving the two, running towards their house. Cordelia swung open the door and saw her mother lying on the ground, while Ophelia was holding her on her lap.

Cordelia cried as she took her mother's hand, "I'm so sorry this happened to you." Alex squeezed her Cordelia other hand, "do you remember anything that happened?" their mother nodded her head, "it's not your fault, it's mine-" Cordelia shook her head, "no, mom. It's not your fault, don't blame yourself."

She whimpered sat next to her mother, "Please don't leave me too," Ophelia wiped her tears and put a pillow so Esmée could be more comfortable, "Esther came in here, with the power she had left, she gave me a slow painful death. She yelled at me for betraying her and lying to her. My sister explained that she needed my magic to live a longer life, she thought killing me would transfer my powers to her," she choked the last part with blood coming out of her mouth.

"Little did she know," Ophelia started to talk for her mother to save her breaths, "I put a spell on her where her powers cant be transferred to anyone else. Esther is sorely mistaken, all she has done was kill her sister."

Cordelia moved closer to her moved, seeing the stabbed wound from Esther's knife, "You were stabbed?" she looked over at her mother who nodded, "It has magical poison that will go through my veins any second, and I will be dead," Her mother said, strangely calm.

"can't you do anything?" Cordelia looked at Ophelia who sadly shook her head, "I cannot remove the poison from her veins, it is impossible," Cordelia stood up and threw a lamp across the room in anger, "my Delia," her mother cried out.

"I will find my peace, this is my faith. That boyfriend of yours, Sirius Black, will take great care of you, he's a nice young man and he deserves you a. Be happy and enjoy that you have love and are loved by so many. I know Alex Danes, will take very good care of you, and I know you will do the same."

Cordelia's her lips were trembling, "Please, dont go," she held her mother's hand with both of her hands, "I love you," Her mother smiled, "I love you too," Esmée was crying and looked up at her daughter, she slightly lifted her arm while she groaned with pain .Her mother as she touched her daughter's face, "my sweet, Delia. You are all grown up." They both started to cry and her mother wiped away Cordelia's tears, "don't cry. Be happy, I found my peace." Cordelia sniffed her nose and stood up, "I know you. I will always love you." She kissed her mother on the cheek and stood up.

Her mother was dead.