Letter

Momo storms out of the apartment. No shoes, no jacket, no phone, no keys, absolutely nothing. Nothing other than the letter in her hand and the name of the writer repeating itself in her brain. Adrenaline is coursing through her veins as she runs and runs with the rough wind. She furiously crosses the street with tears rolling down her face uncontrollably, causing the cars to honk at her. If she's fast enough, she might make it in time.

It was an ordinary day, an ordinary morning for Momo and Dahyun. Dahyun was still turning and tossing in bed while Momo was in the kitchen, preparing breakfast like she always does. Some time later, Dahyun heard a knock on the door and she pretended to be sleeping.

"Baby, I'm gonna visit the store quickly. We're missing a few ingredients," Momo said, standing by the door.

When Dahyun didn't bother to face Momo's way nor say anything, Momo walked over to the younger one's side of the bed. She crouched in front of the bed before gently tucking Dahyun's hair behind her hair, caressing her cheek.

"Do you want me to get anything for you?" Momo knew the girl wasn't sleeping, so she tried to fish the words out of her mouth. "I heard the drink that you were obsessed with a while ago is available again. Wouldn't it be nice to chug it down right now?"

Momo mentally patted herself on the shoulder as she watched Dahyun's eyes flutter open. The younger one looked at her for a few seconds before averting her eyes.

"Yeah, that would be nice," she murmured under her breath, barely audible.

But Dahyun got flustered when Momo suddenly jumped onto her feet with her lips curled into a smirk.

"Momo at your service, coming right up!"

The older one bent down to leave a quick kiss onto Dahyun's cheek before walking out of the bedroom with soldier steps. Dahyun couldn't help but beam a smile at how Momo never hesitates on letting herself look like an idiot to make the younger one happy.

"Wait, Momo!"

Momo quickly strided back into the room.

"Thank you... for everything."

"Of course, baby. You don't have to thank me for anything," Momo replied and threw the girl a warm and loving smile before walking back out of the bedroom.

Dahyun had not been the same since the unfortunate death of her parents two months prior. It really hit a soft spot in her life, leaving her hopeless and broken. Hence the members have been trying their best to cheer the poor girl up and support her. Especially Momo, since they're sharing an apartment together, and above all, they're girlfriends.

Even so, it seemed as if Dahyun was getting smaller and paler every day due to the sadness and also the anxiety of receiving hate because of how long she had been on hiatus constantly creeping up on her. That's why she made up her mind not long ago.

Dahyun no longer wanted to be a burden to her eight friends and let them worry about her. She didn't want to hold up the group anymore by causing their events to be postponed. And most importantly, she didn't want to make herself continue to suffer every time the memories of her parents would fill up her mind as she walked around the streets of Seoul. As much as she still wanted to be close to her friends, she thought it's better to get away from that country as far as possible, maybe for a little while, maybe forever.