Chapter 19 "He is thoughtful and tolerant"

The moment the door opened, one person was forced to calm down, the other person looked up.

Xue Xuanqing raised her eyebrows and asked, "Who are you looking for?"

Sheng Qingrang recognize her from her voice that she was the woman who had pried the lock before, so he immediately found an excuse: "Sorry, I may have gone to the wrong floor."

He turned around and was about to leave. Xue Xuanqing glanced at the key in his hand and said, "No, this key is for here." Then she continued to expose him: "it's probably not the wrong door, but because you don't know that the lock has been changed. Right?"

Speaking of which, Sheng Qingrang makes it inevitable to avoid it. He simply doesn't intend to avoid it.

He put away his key and looked at Xue Xuanqing: "So, is Miss Zong at home?"

Xue Xuanqing didn't expect him to ask so confidently, but she still answered truthfully: "She's not here."

Sheng Qingrang asked euphemistically: "I remember this is the house of Miss Zong. Did she invite you here?" In fact, he was also exposing the fact that Xue Xuanqing 'did not ask for permission and trespassed'.

Xue Xuanqing was uncomfortable that her pawn had been captured, obviously unhappy, then asked indifferently, "Whether she invited me or not has anything to do with you? Who are you, how can you have the key?"

"Friends." Sheng Qingrang replied.

"Friends?" Xue Xuanqing looked him up and down through the porch lamp at the door. This man had an old-fashioned style from head to toe, even his briefcase was in retro style. She asked, "What kind of friend?"

"A special friend."

The method of answering was superficial but worthy of further investigation, Xue Xuanqing subconsciously felt that he was directly related to Zong Ying's recent abnormal behavior, so she stepped aside and asked him to come in, "Since we are all friends, come in and sit down, maybe Zong Ying will be back in a while, who are you?"

"Yes." Sheng Qingrang has nowhere to go except this apartment in this era, and of course agrees with her proposal.

When he walked by Xue Xuanqing, Xue Xuanqing keenly caught some unusual smells - the smell of gunpowder, blood, and even the smell of disinfectant.

Xue Xuanqing noticed the strangeness and glanced down at his trouser legs. Blood was faintly visible.

She closed the door in silence, went into the kitchen, took a transparent glass, washed, and dried it, put it on the tray,picked up the kettle and filled the glass.

Xue Xuanqing put the tray with the water cup on the coffee table: "You're welcome, drink water."

Sheng Qingrang thanked her.

Xue Xuanqing took out the cigarette case and lit a cigarette, then looked up at Sheng Qingrang opposite the coffee table: "Your name?"

Sheng Qingrang pursed his lower lip without looking suspicious, "My surname is Sheng."

"What about your given name?"

"It does not matter."

"So, Mr. Sheng, who are you?" Xue Xuanqing smoked the cigarette and went straight to the point, "Why do you come to look for Zong Ying late at night?"

"This is a matter of privacy; can I not answer?"

"Then are you with Zong Ying this morning?"

"Are you interrogating me?"