Chapter 22 She took a step forward, stretched out her arm and embraced him

When Zong Ying decided to step forward, the other party hadn't finished smoking a cigarette.

He looked up at her, the tobacco was burning quietly in the dark blue morning light, and the smoke was thin and dissipated as soon as it was blown.

"Excuse me, are you Colonel Sheng?" Zong Ying asked.

Facing this rash approach, Sheng Qinghe raised his eyelids slightly, then smoked the rest of the cigarette: "Do you know me?"

"I'm Mr. Sheng Qingxiang's doctor, and I saw your photo in the Sheng family mansion." Zong Ying was worried about the unpleasantness between Sheng Qingrang and the Sheng's family, in order to avoid being turned down when she asked for help, she didn't mention her relationship with Sheng Qingrang in front of him.

She said and glanced at the cigarette in his hand. There was half left. She had enough time to explain the situation to him.

The fourth brother kept observing her—her clothes were neat and simple but not tidy, her white shirt was stained with blood, her shoes were also stained with blood, her hands were slender and strong, she held a newborn baby in her arms, and behind her hid a timid little boy's face.

Obviously, it was the most common state during the war, but she seemed a little inexplicably out of place, as if she did not belong to this world.

"So?" Sheng Qinghe flicked off the soot, and asked, "Why do you look for me?"

"Mr. Sheng Qingxiang just finished the amputation operation, and the infection was serious after the operation. I was locked out of the concession on the way back to get the medicine, and now I need to send the medicine to the mansion." She was straightforward and turned her head to look at the gate of the concession: "But the entrance to the concession closed."

"What does it have to do with me delivering medicine to eldest brother?" Sheng Qinghe raised his lips, and his young face was full of indifference: "It's not the national army who controls the entry and exit of the concession."

He was dismissive of the Sheng family, which Zong Ying didn't expect.

When the other party refused to do this, there was no point for Zong Ying to continue begging, she reached out to hold the child's hand who was beside her and continued to move forward.

About 100 meters away, the sound of starting the car came from afar. Zong Ying thought they were about to gallop past, but the jeep suddenly braked suddenly and stopped beside her.

Sheng Qinghe didn't even look at her. Sitting in the co-pilot, he said in an almost commanding tone, "Get in the car."

Zong Ying hesitated for three seconds, before the other party was about to say, "don't get in so be it", she freed her hand to open the car door, and then quickly squeezed into the back seat with the children.

Sheng Qinghe turned his head and glanced: "The delivery of medicine is the delivery of medicine, what's with these two children?"

Zong Ying said, "Can I not answer this question?"

Sheng Qinghe lowered his head and lit another cigarette, put his hand beside him, seemed to think for a moment, but finally said: "Whatever."

The car drove through several streets, made a big circle, and finally stopped outside the camp.

Sheng Qinghe obviously didn't plan to send them back to the concession immediately, he did not even inform Zong Ying, he entered the camp and left them outside.

The sky gradually became clearer, the wind was a bit weaker than yesterday, and it stopped raining, Zong Ying caught a trace of the typhoon's imminent passing.