Chapter 26 "Then...I will accompany you"

The crying of the baby in the car gradually stopped, and Sheng Qinghui's eyes were still out of the car window.

The panic on her face was replaced by helplessness and frustration, her expression was weary, and her mood was also low: "What did I just say? ...The school organized for us to go to the welfare home several months ago, now even the school has been bombed, how can the situation of the welfare home be any better..."

Muttering these few words totally nullified her previous self-persuasion.

The road to the welfare home is blocked, is there any other way?

For this reason, in addition to Sheng Qinghui, Zong Ying fell into silence and troubled. Both children were brought into Sheng's house by her, if she hadn't helped them in the Chinese community at that time, then she wouldn't have caused the younger sister's current distress.

Zong Ying subconsciously pursed her lips again and thought about the solution.

Of course, she couldn't take these two children to 2015, but in the current situation in Shanghai, most ordinary people are thinking about how to escape, and those who can't escape are thinking how to be frugal with their living needs, considering all these, it was really difficult to find a suitable family to adopt these two children.

Despite it being difficult, she needed to find a way to try, she thought.

"Miss Sheng—" Zong Ying finally spoke and decided to take the burden off Qinghui first.

Unexpectedly, before she could say anything, Sheng Qinghui suddenly clenched her fists, raised her lips, and said with courage, "Even if the second sister doesn't agree, it doesn't matter! I have a dowry left by my mother. I can still work in the future. I have the ability to raise children."

She then looked at Zong Ying and seemed to want to get some support from the other party: "I can teach English, maybe even piano, or go to a foreign firm, and even if I don't rely on my family, I won't starve to death. Miss Zong, what do you think? Am I right?"

Zong Ying turned to look at her, those eyes showed the light and firmness unique to young people, and she didn't know how to discourage her.

Sheng Qinghui made up her mind at this time, she took the child from Zong Ying's arms and said, "Since today is the 19th, then I call him Ah Jiu, okay?" She simply and decisively gave the child a nickname and tried to wipe away all the unpleasant experiences she had just experienced with a smile, she suggested, "We haven't eaten lunch yet, let's go eat something first!"

She proficiently reported the address to the driver. The driver turned around to Nanjing Road. Ten minutes later, the car stopped in front of a building.

Qinghui got out of the car with her two children and put on a cheerful look, and said to Zong Ying, "Miss Zong, the steak here is delicious."

But as soon as she turned around, the smile on her face disappeared in an instant - her beloved western restaurant's doors were tightly closed at this moment, a sign hung outside saying that it was closed.

Everything is a reminder that the present is not what it used to be. Only a photo studio next door opened half a door, which can be regarded as normal business.

Qinghui stared at the western restaurant frustratingly for a few seconds, then turned her eyes to the photo studio, turned her head and said to Zong Ying, "Miss Zong, why don't we take a photo?"

Zong Ying didn't go against her wishes, she bowed her head and followed Qinghui into the photo studio.

As soon as the door was pushed, the bell rang, and the boss in a neat suit poked his head out: "Do you want to take a picture?"