Chapter 2 Like the Extinction of a Planet

When Zong Ying rushed downstairs to the door, the only thing to meet her was the rain curtain.

The ambulance drove into the emergency building, followed by a burst of noise and people coming in and going out, all melting into the night rain.

In the sight, there was no one wearing a white shirt and a black umbrella.

It took her only 37 seconds to run down, and the other party had disappeared without a trace. Zong Ying even suspected that she was hallucinating.

The ground was wet so fast that when the wheels rolled over it could cause water spray, the summer heat was crushed by the night rain, and a damp coolness overflowed into the hall.

Zong Ying stepped back a few steps, turned around, sat straight down at the entrance bench, and breathed smoothly.

Outside, the sound of ambulances stopped except for the sound of rain, and fresh air poured in to replace the exhaust fumes.

Most of the double row lights suddenly went out, and only a few people walked on the first floor. Zong Ying stretched her legs, closed her eyes, and her breath slowed down.

It seems to be walking up the stairs, and it is like stepping on the clouds. The soft underfoot is not solid, but it is also safe to walk and she suddenly stepped into the air and fell out of her dream, and her whole heart seemed to crash to the ground.

She opened her eyes and felt a little palpitated, but she was caught off guard by being patted on the shoulder.

"Why do you sit here?" It's Sheng Qiushi who came back from the consultation.

"I came down to smoke and fell asleep accidentally." Zong Ying casually found a lame excuse. She leaned forward and supported her forehead with both hands.

Sheng Qiushi said, "It's easy to catch cold here. Don't get a fever." He put his hands back into his white coat pocket, took a look at the rain outside and said, "When the rain stops, you can go home to sleep. Now you'd better go up and sit down first."

Zong Ying didn't want to move, but the other party was really patient, so he stood aside and waited for her until she was willing to get up.

"Your aunt's words are heavy, but she has always been like this, don't take it to your heart." The other party actively tried to enlighten her.

"Yes," replied Zong Ying, defying all her pains.

She got up and followed Sheng Qiushi upstairs. The other party asked her if she could rest during the day. She stood next to the elevator wall and said truthfully, "Be prepared for work."

The elevator door opened, Sheng Qiushi looked back at her, and suddenly felt that she was like a machine, a state machine in uniform.

Pushing open the door of the clinic, the aunt and Zong Yu's mother are still there.

Perhaps she got some comfort. Zong Yu's mother's mood was much more stable, but her eyes were still red without any surprise. When she saw Zong Ying coming in, she whispered in a thick nasal voice, "Zong Ying, thank you."

Zong Ying didn't reply, but her aunt said, "You suddenly ran out before and startled me!" She complained as if she was talking to herself: "From childhood to adulthood, you never greet anyone when you do anything."

Sheng Qiushi gave Zong Ying a wink, secretly pointed to a chair behind the computer desk and asked her to sit there. He dragged a chair and sat opposite the sofa. He said to the two families: "The accident seems to be serious. There have been media in the emergency department. Can you inform Zong Yu's father now?"