Chapter 25 The ship that set sail is like the ark of Noah

There are so many similar faces in the world, but there are very few who even look like him.

Sheng Qiushi recalled the brief look in the store, then lowered his head and stared at the phone screen for a while. He suddenly closed the mailbox and called Zong Ying directly.

The recording sounded again, "The number you have dialed is unavailable."

When he called the day before yesterday to tell her about Zong Yu's condition, he got the same response.

For several days, Zong Ying's phone has been turned off, and no one answered the phone call to her apartment. Sheng Qiushi felt a little uneasy in his heart and decided to visit her apartment after work, but before that, he tried to call the landline of the 699 apartment again.

When the phone rang suddenly, Sheng Qingrang was holding the book in his hand, he stroked the hot-stamped Mobius ring on the cover with his finger.

He tilted his head to look out the door, the bell rang relentlessly in the dark, and finally he put down the booklet and walked out of the bedroom to answer the phone.

"Zong Ying?" After the initial probing, the voice seemed to be relieved, "You are finally here, I thought..." Sheng Qiushi didn't finish saying his worrying words, but he suddenly became suspicious, "Is that you?"

Sheng Qingrang, at the end of the phone, asked, "Hello, who are you looking for?"

"Who are you to Zong Ying? Why are you in her apartment?"

Even across the phone, Sheng qingrang immediately noticed that the other party's attitude had obviously turned bad. He judged that the other party might have a good personal relationship with Zong Ying. In order to avoid causing trouble to Zong Ying, he replied: "Sir, I think the phone may be on the wrong line. There is no one you are looking for here."

Sheng Qiushi on the other end of the phone was stunned for three seconds, and Sheng Qingrang hang up the phone.

There were few people outside the hospital building, only ambulances kept wailing; the 699 apartment was quiet again, Sheng Qingrang turned to look at the clock, the clock's seconds needle moves one by one, and it is getting late.

He suddenly remembered Zong Ying's advice to "sleep well" before he left, quickly sorted out his emotions, and went back to the bedroom to re-tie the booklet and put it back in place.

At this time, there was a sudden wind outside, the old sixteen-pane window was pushed and knocked, and the air was a little damp, as if it was going to rain.

However, on this night in 1937, the typhoon had passed, the clouds were thin, and the moon was almost full, almost complete, but a corner was missing.

After taking care of the weak newborn, Zong Ying didn't feel sleepy, she left the mansion building alone.

The white moonlight fell on the garden, branches and leaves were glowing, dogs' barking came from far away, unable to capture the slightest noise of the city, nor the slightest tension that should be in wartime.

All the people in the small building fell asleep peacefully, as if Shanghai was still a paradise, and there was nothing to worry about.

But Zong Ying understood that this situation would not last long.

She turned around and looked up at this new cluster of small buildings, vaguely remembering what it looked like more than half a century later, where it belonged... her brows were inexplicably stained with a ray of melancholy, a little dazed.

Now, what kind of road and fate will the people who are sleeping peacefully in this building later have?

Will such a family finally fall apart, or will they stick together for more than half a century?