Chapter 10 The face were young, corners of their mouth raised, they were smiling

The leaves of the paulownia tree rustled in the hot summer night, and Xue Xuanqing recognized the person who got off the bus——

Zong Qinglin, Zong Ying's father.

The fire in her heart suddenly grew stronger, but she let go of Zong Ying's hand, and stood aside without saying a word, and glanced at Zong Ying's face from the corner of her eye.

Of course, Zong Ying recognized him as well, so she adjusted his uniform and called Zong Qinglin, "Dad."

Zong Qinglin glanced over at the two of them, after some time, he said, "Let's go up."

Zong Ying was silent, Xue Xuanqing couldn't do anything about her anger so she turned away.

Eventually Zong Ying turned around, took out her card and swiped it at the access control panel, opened the door and invited them in.

When Zong Qinglin advanced to the door, Xue Xuanqing lowered her face and took out the cigarette case, she refused with a bad tone, "I won't go up, I have to smoke a cigarette."

Zong Ying respected her decision, let go and let the door close automatically. Across the glass door, the cigarette in Xue Xuanqing's hand lit up in the dark.

Zong Qinglin hasn't been to apartment 699 for a long time. It may be ten years or even longer. Such a sudden visit today is very rare.

Neither father nor daughter spoke in the elevator. When the door opened, Zong Qinglin said, "They told me you were missing. I think it's necessary to take a look. So where did you go?"

Zong Ying effortlessly repeated the lie, but Zong Qinglin did not question her repeatedly like Xue Xuanqing.

He seemed to believe Zong Ying's statement easily, and didn't think there was anything suspicious.

Seeing the pried door lock, he said, "how did you pry it? It's reckless."

Zongying ignored this sentence and entered the house to entertain him. But she has nothing to entertain. There were cold investigation boxes and evidence boxes beside the sofa, and the ashtray on the coffee table was full of cigarette butts discarded by Xue Xuanqing.

She went into the kitchen to pick up a pot of water. The kettle boiled and its voice gradually became warm.

Zong Qinglin entered the apartment without taking a seat, he said, "It's still the same here." Zong Ying watched the kettle without saying anything, she watched him walk around the apartment.

It's hot and the water boils quickly. Zong Ying took a clean cup, pulled out a box of black tea from the cupboard, ready to pour out some tea leaves, they had almost reached the mouth of the cup, but she finally gave up.

Forget it, maybe he's not used to drinking it.

Zong Ying poured a glass of boiled water and brought it to the living room but turned her head to see Zong Qinglin walking into the south-facing room.

It was Zong Ying's study over there. Before she used it, it belonged to her mother.

Zong Qinglin stopped in front of a bookcase, and the old light on the top illuminated the glass case.

A photo frame was quietly placed in the corner. In the black and white photos, dozens of people were neatly dressed, either sitting or standing, with a few teachers sitting at the front—

It is a souvenir for the 1982 graduates of the School of Pharmacy.

In the photo, there is himself in the photo, Zong Yu's uncle, Xing Xueyi and Zong Ying's mother, Yan Man.