Chapter 32 "He is shy"

Grandma saw a rare anxiety from Zong Ying's expression. Although she was not clear, this anxiety could at least prove that the relationship between the two was extraordinary.

Since Zong Ying is as difficult to find out as an iron wall, he can only find another breakthrough. The gentle and old-fashioned young man in front of her has undoubtedly become an excellent choice—

Grandma immediately turned back and came to a conclusion. Smiling to Sheng Qingrang, she said, "the clothes Zong Ying bought yesterday were for you. So, it seems that she knows you. I remember seeing you in the lobby the day before yesterday?"

The old woman had a surprisingly good memory and was not easy to fool. She didn't wait for him to answer. Then she asked, "when did you come yesterday?"

Grandma knows her questions and wants to expose them. Sheng Qingrang is eager to get out, but he still has to keep calm. When the stalemate persists, it is Zong Ying who stands up.

When Sheng Qingrang thought sharply how to respond to the elder's words, Zong Ying suddenly walked out the door, strode forward and stood in front of him, she pretended to intimately hold his hand, then quickly turned around and said to her grandmother, "I have something to say to him, Grandma, please wait for a while."

She didn't let go after she finished speaking, she hurried forward around Sheng Qingrang's waist, and lowered her voice close to him, "It's too late, you have to leave quickly. What was this place more than 70 years ago?"

Sheng Qingrang could only bow his head to accommodate her height, and quickly replied: "It's also a hotel, but only on the seventh floor."

Zong Ying looked up at the elevator floor indicator. The elevator was slow to move down from the 21st floor. She frowned and immediately pushed open the door of the emergency stairwell, and pulled Sheng Qingrang to run down quickly——

She didn't stop her steps until a "7f" sign in gold letters on a black background appeared in front of her. The sound of the paper bag scraping at the corner of the stairs suddenly sounded, and the clothes fell out of the bag.

Sheng Qingrang was about to bend over to pick it up when Zong Ying glanced at the time and said, "Don't worry about it, Mr. Sheng." She looked up at him as she said, "There are five seconds left."

What can be done in five seconds?

She was short of breath. Sheng Qingrang was also panting. One heart beated 10 times, the other beated 11 times, not even one complete sentence could be uttered, the moment they released their hands, it was farewell.

In the corridor, there was only Zong Ying's breath, a torn paper bag, and a changed shirt.

Sheng Qingrang, who disappeared in an instant, appeared on the rooftop of a grand hotel in Nanjing in 1937. Zong Ying and the dim corridors were no longer in sight. Instead, there was Nanjing's gray skyline, with dark clouds rolling arrogantly, the air was so humid as though water could be wrung out.

At 6:01, in two different eras, almost inaudible sighs sounded at the same time.

One figured out a way to get off the roof before the rain, the other bent down to pick up the shirt that fell on the stairs, tidied up her breath and went upstairs again.

When Zong Ying returned, her grandmother was standing at the door waiting for her, and asked her with a smile on her face, "Why did you come up alone? Where's the young man?"

Zong Ying said perfunctorily: "He was in a hurry and was called away by a friend."

Grandma looked inquisitively: "He looks pretty good. When did you know him?"