Chapter 23 "Why is it that string of numbers?"

This hug came unexpectedly, although Zong Ying only stretched out her right hand to give it a light hug, Sheng Qingrang's back stretched unnaturally in an instant.

Zong Ying was not aware of this change. After a short talk, she released her hand and resumed her business attitude: "I'll go and see the patient's situation. Where is the medical bag?"

Sheng Qingrang come back to his senses and replied in a peaceful tone: "Come with me."

At this time, the sound of the piano downstairs also stopped abruptly, and the second sister said to Sheng Qinghui, "You have nothing better to do! Why do you play the piano in the morning?"

Qinghui glanced at the fourth sitting on the sofa and said, "It's the Fourth Brother who asked me to play the piano to see if I've made progress."

The second sister immediately stared at her and said, "Is he your teacher? He asked you to play then you play?" After that, she turned her head and looked to the second floor, she saw Zong Ying and Sheng Qingrang entering the eldest brother's room together, and she immediately rushed upstairs.

When the second sister pushed the door and barged into the room, Zong Ying was checking the eldest brother's surgical wound.

Just as she was about to speak, Zong Ying, whose face was covered by a mask, suddenly turned around and hung her hands in latex gloves in the air. Her eyes were sharp, and her voice was stuffy: "the patient needs a sterile environment as far as possible. Please leave here temporarily."

The second sister has nothing to say now, so she can only go out.

The eldest brother didn't recover well. He was sleeping most of the time, and the wound infection was difficult to control. Zong Ying handled it patiently, and vaguely heard the dispute downstairs.

She took off her latex gloves, walked out of the door, stood in the corridor, and looked down silently.

Sheng Qinghe, who was sitting on the sofa, said, "So eldest brother was hit by an air raid in order to rush to sign an agreement with the Germans?" He sneered and glanced at Sheng Qingrang inexplicably, "Just be a demon, he lost half his life for mere worldly possessions, don't know if it's even worth it."

The second sister scolded him, "Do you have any sense of propriety in your speech?!"

"Propriety?" Sheng Qinghe recklessly lit a match, lit a cigarette, stretched his legs and said, "Let me tell you something. don't think that they are only focusing on bombing Hongkou now, perhaps it will reach Yangshupu in a short time. Sheng's machine factory will be destroyed sooner or later. Who can expect whether it was bombed by the Japanese or our own? Even if it was the Japanese, who will admit that it was his own bomb when the war situation is chaotic? Want to seek compensation from the Japanese military afterwards? That is only a fool's dream."

He obviously didn't care about the family's business, nor did he approve of the approach taken by others to minimize losses, he was only immersed in the smoke that he lit and expressing disdain freely.

The second sister was furious, and he said, "You can't get any money from the Sheng family anyway. Why do you need to help here? It's better to ask your cowardly husband to take the children to Hong Kong quickly. After all, where your husband's family is living is about to become a war zone soon, whether it's good or bad, your lives could be spared, don't you think?"

"Sheng Qinghe!" The second sister almost jumped up. At this time, Sheng Qinghui walked into the living room with a tray full of tea and tried to ease the atmosphere: "Let's have breakfast first."

Qinghui put the tray on the coffee table, looked up and saw Zong Ying wearing a mask with only one pair of eyes showing, and called her: "Miss Zong, come down and drink tea."