Chapter 17 They were breathing close to each other, it was awkward

The tense atmosphere lasted a few minutes, people judged the the danger through the distance of the gunfire sounds, they figured that it was just a false alarm, so they were not too concerned.

Order was restored in the hotel lobby, foreign guests transferred from Licha Hotel checked in one after another, the lady that satirized Zong Ying at the sofa finally picked up the delicate porcelain cup and took a sip of coffee with peace of mind.

There was a rumble of gunfire outside, but it was peaceful inside.

The greasy smell floated in the air. The waiter who delivered the coffee came to Zong Ying and asked her to leave politely.

Zong Ying finally raised her head that had been hanging down, and she said, "I'm waiting for someone."

The lady drinking coffee next to her put down the cup, raised her lips, and said, "She has been waiting for more than ten minutes, and no one has come."

Zong Ying clasped her hands tightly, pressing her elbows on her knees, and repeated, "I am waiting for someone."

The waiter asked, "So which guest are you waiting for, miss?"

Zong Ying didn't intend to respond, bending her spine, she hung her head low and was silent, there were only two pairs of shoes in her sight, a pair of bloody sneakers, and a pair of shiny leather shoes, they didn't t seem to be in the same world.

When the waiter saw that she didn't answer, his words were no longer euphemistic. Just when he sternly tried to drive Zong Ying away, Sheng Qingrang walk over quickly, bent down, and whispered to her, "Sorry for keeping you waiting", and then extended his hand to her.

He did not say more, nor reprove the waiter for being impolite, seeing that Zong Ying did not respond, he simply took the initiative to help her get up.

After the war in the suburbs yesterday, he obviously accepted the coldness and ruthlessness of the wartime and showed complete calmness.

He noticed that Zong Ying's hand was cold, but after entering the elevator, he let go and asked cautiously, "Miss Zong, are you okay?"

Zong Ying didn't say anything, but her bloodless face had already given the answer.

The elevator door opened, Sheng Qingrang take her out and met a couple with a very small girl.

That little girl was wearing a snow-white dress, her face was pink and tender and very cute. She didn't seem to care about other people's troubles, raised her head and gave Zong Ying a smile.

Walking through the long corridor, Sheng Qingrang take out the key to open the door of the guest room and stood at the door to explain with Zong Ying: "Today there are many guests coming from the north bank of Suzhou River, the hotel is almost full, only this one is left, let's rest a bit for the time being."

He glanced at Zong Ying's shoes, opened the cabinet, and took the slippers for her.

Zong Ying silently changed off her sneakers and went into the bathroom with her shoes.

Closing the door and turning on the light, the dim light shone down. When she turned on the faucet, the water flowed more and more. She reached out to take a sip of water, lowered her head and buried her face in it to wash it. After several repetitions, the cold water finally forced out some redness to her pale face.

She took off her trousers again and rubbed them under the water and the blood flowed down the clean white porcelain basin. Rub it. The color of the blood is darker. Rub it again after it is lighter. It seems that it can't be cleaned anyway.