Chapter 15 The night getting darker, no one pays attention to what she just said

The last day of peace, it sounds abstract and unknown.

Those who have not experienced the war cannot imagine what Shanghai will look like after dawn tomorrow.

Zong Ying let the cigarette burn out between her fingers, suddenly turned sideways, and reached out to his forehead.

Sheng Qingrang didn't have time to avoid it, so he didn't avoid it. Zong Ying withdrew her hand and said firmly, "Mr. Sheng, you still have a fever."

"I know." His low voice, it was like a candle that was about to burn out in the dark night, and like a grid that consumed 1% of the battery, he could hardly hold it.

Zong Ying saw his head tilted slightly, then unwarily leaned against the cold car window on the right. Twenty seconds later, she stretched out her hand and carefully moved his head towards her and lent her shoulder for him to lie on.

Her right shoulder felt slightly heavy, the sweet smell of tobacco remained in the confined space for a long time, Zong Ying took out the phone that had been turned off for a day, opened the player, turned the volume to the minimum, and clicked on the song "Looking with Cely", the harmonica sound played softly, Zong Ying closed her eyes.

Unfortunately, the road has an end. At apartment 699, the driver stopped and came down to open the door for Zong Ying.

When he was about to speak, Zong Ying made a silent gesture, slightly turned her head, and carefully called out, "Mr. Sheng?"

Sheng Qingrang didn't respond, so Zong Ying asked the driver to help her carrying him up together and settled in the north-facing guest room upstairs.

Zong Ying settled the fare with the driver, closed the door and warmed up the porridge in the morning. After eating, she changed her clothes and went upstairs, waiting by the bed for the arrival of 10 p.m.

The night was silent, the second hand moved unhurriedly according to its own rhythm, at certain moments, this waiting became mysterious and uncertain. Because of this apartment, people of two different eras had a subtle yet inseparable connection, no one knew when this connection would be severed, but Zong Ying was sure about one thing—

It was impractical to stay completely out of each other's affair.

As long as he still comes here, as long as she still lives here, contact is inevitable, and it's just a matter of time before they get involved in each other's lives.

It was almost ten o'clock, and she regained her senses and held his hand. Different from the warm and dry last time, this time his hand temperature was very low, and it felt a little cool. It is a very bad thing to meet the arrival of war with such a physical condition. Zong Ying suddenly had a thought, closed her eyes for a while, and when she heard the sound of the bell, she opened her eyes and returned to the time she was familiar with.

Since Sheng Qingrang locked the door, she had never entered the guest bedroom upstairs. It was apparent that this was not how she remembered it to be, it was more than just a guest bedroom, it looked like a small living space with five internal organs, daily necessities, clothing, office supplies were readily available, perhaps it was to avoid using her things as much as possible.

Zong Ying didn't have time to look around. She hurried downstairs to find an anti-fever medicine, fed him the medicine, and then closed the door and left.

She went out for a long time, it was after 12 o'clock when she returned to the apartment, then she was busy in the living room for a long time, slept for a while, and then left Apartment No. 699 before 6 o 'clock.

Sheng Qingrang woke up to the sound of the bell, his head was still drowsy, he opened his eyes and looked at the ceiling - it was his guest bedroom, his era.