Chapter 14 Even if the road is long, it still a road to going home

Zong Ying left the villa and waited in the garden outside.

When she looks up, she can see the clean glass windows in the meeting room on the second floor. The thick curtains cover almost all of them. The sun can only probe into it.

She turned her gaze back, and finally had the opportunity to take out the cigarette case and smoke a cigarette.

The summer trees were lush, and the cicadas were tireless, there seemed to be an isolated peace in the mansion, it only existed in the state it was willing to be in.

However, things backfired. Anxiety, anger, and long-standing prejudice and hatred were gathered in the parlor on the second floor at this time, and many conflicts were on the verge of breaking out.

Sheng Qingrang made it clear that the Shanghai war was inevitable, and at the request of the Relocation Committee. He tried to persuade his eldest brother, Sheng Qingxiang again through personal relations to move Sheng's factories in Yangshupu, Nanshi and the public concession to the mainland.

Sheng Qingrang has advised him more than once and twice for this matter alone. Big Brother didn't care from the beginning, but now he is in a state of turmoil, but he still can't make up his mind to move the factory——

After all, it is a huge project, which is completely different from the evacuation of ordinary people.

The family relocation is just to pack up a few bags. The family can get on the bus and ship smoothly and find a place to stay at their destination.

However, for such a large factory, the word "relocation" includes machine disassembly, packing, transportation, and leasing and resumption of factory buildings after arriving in the mainland. Not one dares to say that it is easy, let alone a large number of personnel and capital problems need to be solved.

During the war, no one had any experience in rashly moving such a large factory to the mainland. Just thinking about it, they felt that the road was full of thorns, and their life and death were uncertain.

The ashtray lay dead on the floor, the second brother-in-law's cigarettes went out, without fresh smoke rising, the room seemed to enter a stagnant state.

The eldest brother's overweight body sank into the leather sofa. Hearing Sheng Qingrang continue to talk about the "Relocation Subsidy Regulations", his eyelids were slightly lowered, and his face looked tired.

Maybe it was late, he thought.

Rather than wagering on so many unknowns and risks to move the factories inland, it might be better to take a chance, perhaps the war would not last long, or perhaps the Sheng family's ancestors would bless them, and they could avoid the bombing as much as possible.

When the big brother thought of this, he almost made up his mind, so Sheng Qingrang's speech became particularly annoying.

The eldest brother frowned and said sternly, "Don't talk anymore about it, get out!"

Sheng Qingrang didn't get up, but he stopped talking. There was some helpless frustration hidden in his sick face.

Qinghui noticed that the atmosphere was not right, and interjected: "Third brother, let's go out for coffee."

Sheng Qingrang didn't answer her words but put the tickets that he had been holding on the coffee table: "Rajputana, the tickets to Hong Kong on the 17th, there are a total of five seats, which may be useful for the family."

His voice was low, without the slightest bit of aggression, entirely out of kindness.

The second sister, who had been silent all the time, snorted coldly: "What do you mean by the British ferry ticket? To show off to us that you have ties with the Ministry of Industry?"