Chapter 27 Chinese Valentine's Day

At first, Sheng Qiushi thought she was asking who was in the first picture, then he moved his head to look and realized that she was asking about the second photo.

The black and white photos fill the screen, and the scene is warm and happy. In Sheng Qiushi's eyes, this is just a family photo in the 1930s, but for Zong Ying, this is the scene she witnessed half a day ago——

At this time, it froze on the 4.7-inch screen, Qinghui was smiling, Ah Lai was also smiling, the baby in her arms slept quietly, everything seemed to have happened not long ago, but the flood of years had washed it over for nearly a century.

Sheng Qiushi didn't notice Zong Ying's astonishment. His eyes stayed on the screen for a short time, and he said generously, "Are you asking about Miss Sheng? She is my grandfather's adoptive mother."

Zong Ying held the phone in one hand, and the other hand suddenly dropped.

The question she had just raised in an instant was confirmed by Sheng Qiushi.

Zong Ying was at a loss for a moment. She glanced at the direction of the bathroom and and suddenly handed the phone back to Sheng Qiushi, walked a few steps to the entrance cabinet, took out a pack of cigarettes, quickly lit one, and turned back to the living room to turn on the TV, and turned the volume up to the highest.

A follow-up report on a major explosion accident a few days ago was broadcast on the TV, amidst the noise of the crowd being interviewed, Zong Ying lowered her head and took a drag off her cigarette, and asked Sheng Qiushi, "Can you tell me about that picture?"

Sheng Qiushi was a little suspicious of her curiosity at this time. After all, she was rarely interested in other people's affairs, so such an active inquiry was very rare.

But he looked down at the screen of his mobile phone and said truthfully: "This photo should have been taken during the war. According to my grandfather, Miss Sheng adopted them at that time, and by chance went out to take a photo. As for the specific day, he also didn't know."

By chance. What kind of chance, what kind of coincidence? Did her involvement make an impact?

Zong Ying still lowered her head to smoke, the thin smoke concealed her anxiety. She asked, "Which one is your grandfather?"

"The child that Miss Sheng is holding in her arms is my grandfather." He continued: "Standing beside Miss Sheng is his elder brother. It is said that they were taken in by Miss Sheng during the escape. In that cruel era, if it wasn't for Miss Sheng, it might be difficult for him to survive, then there won't be everything that followed."

"Who is Miss Sheng?" The tobacco was burning quietly, Zong Ying lifted her head from the smoke.

She caught some subtle information from the other party's words, it was strange that he addressed her as "Miss Sheng" instead of calling her great-grandmother.

"Probably a wealthy lady who is kind." Sheng Qiushi described it this way, "My grandfather was too young at that time, and his impression of her was really limited. I only knew that her surname was Sheng, and her family was wealthy."

"At that time?" Zong Ying asked with a frown.

"My grandfather and Miss Sheng have only lived together for a few years." He sighed: "The times are turbulent, and after many twists and turns, separation is a common occurrence. Not only did we separate from Miss Sheng, but my grandfather and his brother also separated. Unfortunately, after so many years, my grandfather has never heard anything from them."

A vast sea of people, scattered in different parts of the world, as of Sheng Qinghui's fate, it was just a blank.

The kind and innocent face appeared in Zong Ying's mind. She couldn't help closing her eyes. She took an empty can on the table and threw half-smoked cigarette into it. She shook the can unconsciously, and the cigarette went out immediately.