Chapter 31 She rubbed the corner of his lips with her thumb

Before Zong Ying took the medicine bag from him, the elevator door opened.

She simply gave up, said "Come with me" to Sheng Qingrang, and went straight out.

Sheng Qingrang let go of his fist in relief and followed out of the elevator, seeing Zong Ying turn into the corridor on the right.

Walking on the thick carpet, every step was silent, and the warm light of the overhead spotlight hit down, reflecting the damp hair softly. Sheng Qingrang walked behind her, Sheng Qingrang walked behind her, a feeling roused in his heart—déjàvu.

A few dozen days ago, at the Peace Hotel before the bombing, he also led her through such a corridor, but the lights were different, the smell was different... There was no sound of cannons outside, and the key to the door was replaced with a room card with smart chips. Only the person is still the same.

When the door opened, Zong Ying squeezed into the door, put the room card into the power take-off box, and the room lit up instantly.

She opened the door and asked him to enter. At the same time, she reached for the bag in his hand and suggested without raising her head: "It's better for you to take a bath first and deal with the wound after washing."

Sheng Qingrang stand still for a moment. Zong Ying looked up and said, "What's the matter?"

"Nothing." He was imperceptibly uneasy when he spoke. After speaking, he hurriedly turned around, entered the bathroom, and closed the door.

Zong Ying walked to the sofa, put the medicine bag on the round coffee table and looked inside—whatever should be there were there, it was quite complete.

She sat down. There was a sound of running water in the bathroom. She looked at the time again and turned on the TV in the room.

On the 42-inch LCD screen, yesterday's military parade is being replayed. It has been 70 years since the end of the war, and the person in the bathroom, what he experienced a few hours ago, is still the beginning of the war.

Zong Ying's eyes gradually dimmed, and she didn't notice how long the sound of water in the bathroom had been.

Sheng Qingrang stood alone in front of the basin to wash his shirt, the blood stained the fiber and he couldn't wash it clean. He stopped suddenly, his hands rested on the rim of the basin, the blood vessels on the back of his palm bulged up one by one. He looked up at his own face in the mirror, and finally turned off the faucet, the sound of the TV outside became clearer—

Accompanied by the female voice commentary of the segmented march, the four words "Victory of the Anti-Japanese War" were emphasized over and over again.

Sheng Qingrang opened the door and walked out.

There were no clean clothes to change into, so he only wore a bathrobe. Zong Ying turned her head to look at him but didn't think there was anything inappropriate, she didn't get up and just said, "Sit down, I 'll treat your wound."

Sheng Qing made it difficult to refuse and sat on the sofa according to the words. Zong Ying reached out and dragged the medicine bag, skilfully tore open the alcohol paper, and raised her hand to treat the wound for him, facing the light shot from the top.

The intense sting from the alcohol caused Sheng Qingrang to flinch, Zong Ying said, "If it is any deeper, then you will require stitches, you are lucky." As she was opening the ointment packaging, Sheng Qingrang asked, "Why is Miss Zong in Nanjing today?"

Zong Ying did not shy away: "My grandmother returned to China to look for relatives. She has a family in Nanjing, so I came with her." Her eyes always fell on his wound, and her upper eyelids were slightly drooping. At this time, she suddenly looked up at him and asked, "So what about you? Why are you there, how did you get injured, where did you go recently?"