Chapter 4 Donna Donna

It's ten o'clock at night, so it's still early.

Zong Ying put down the letter, went back to the sofa, picked up the cigarette Xue Xuanqing gave her, pulled out the lighter from the glove box and lit the cigarette under the morning light in the room.

A clear bell rang in the bicycle garage downstairs, followed by the sound of opening the door, the voice of the security guard, and the sound of the bus braking on the road.

Zong Ying silently sat on the sofa smoking.

In the smoke, she suddenly raised her sleeve to smell, and then lowered her head to smell the collar.

The uniform shirt made of polyester fabric is not breathable, so there is an unavoidable smell of sweat, a little bloody smell brought by the scene, and then there is the very common smell of medicine.

She didn't think it smelled so bad.

After smoking, Zong Ying lowered her head and removed the police rank on her clothes, went into the bathroom to take a shower, and put all her clothes into the washing machine.

When the shower switch is turned on, and the sound of rain-like water instantly covers up the sound of washing machine spinning.

The water was steaming, and the girl next door got up early to practice the piano and played Donna Donna over and over again. When she stopped playing, Zong Ying turned off the shower, the world was silent for a moment, the washing machine started to spin at high speed.

She took a towel to dry her body, put on a clean T-shirt and home pants, went back to the kitchen to get the medicine box, took care of the wound on her hand, and went into the bedroom to plug in the phone, and a LOGO lit up on the dark screen.

It's starting to charge, Zong Ying thought. So she lay down and closed her eyes to make up for sleep.

The spine and muscles that finally got to stretch raced against time to rest. The clock in the living room worked tirelessly to push the time forward, ticking, ticking, pushing the sun below the horizon.

Zong Ying woke up in the ring of her mobile phone, a local unfamiliar number. Zong Ying didn't answer. She let it ring and hang up automatically.

She was lying in bed. It was dark and the curtains were not pulled. The city night was cut into several pieces by the narrow sixteen-pane windows, dim light poured into the room, and the light and dark were intertwined.

Zong Ying turned over and picked up the phone again. The upper right corner showed that the battery was 100% and full.

The power of mobile phones can return from 0 to 100. What about people?

Zong Ying didn't eat for nearly a whole day. Hunger is inevitable, so she picked up the phone to order takeout. When the meal arrived, she checked the strange number just now——

Judging from the search results, this should be a troublesome media practitioner, and Zong Ying put the number into the blacklist.

The food came quickly, which was the convenience of living in the city.

The steaming set meal was too much for her alone. Zong Ying couldn't finish half of it, so she threw it into the dustbin together with the box.

At eight o'clock in the night, there are two hours left.

She got up to dry her clothes, brushed her teeth, turned on the TV and watched aimlessly.

In the documentary, Lapland in May, aerial footage panned across, a herd of reindeer was running wild. The narrator said, "After eight months of snow-white winter, Lapland finally ushered in spring."