Chapter 12 She fell asleep next to Sheng Qingrang

Despite being shaded by dense leaves, raindrops still sporadically fell on him.

Zong Ying struggled to support the other party, her masseter muscles stretched, her back molars trembled slightly, she called out, "Mr. Sheng?"

Sheng Qingrang didn't response, his jaw was close to her shoulder, and his eyelids closed heavily.

Zong Ying turned her head to the side, his damp hair brushed against the side of her face, it felt a little cold.

A gust of wind came, the raindrops collected on the leaves fell on them even more. Zong Ying's condition was not good and she was not strong enough, when she was about to collapse with him, a security guard finally came out.

He said, "Oh, what happened?" Zong Ying loosened her teeth and said, "Give me a hand."

The security guard hurriedly stepped forward to help, frowning and muttering all the way, "How can he be drenched like this? Is it serious?"

Zong Ying didn't have the energy to answer, so she opened the door and entered the building.

The security guard sent Sheng Qingrang back to the top floor together with her, helped Zong Ying unlock the door, said "Then call the duty room if something happens" and returned to the elevator.

Zong Ying alone supported Sheng Qingrang, she moved him to the living room and threw him on the sofa, breathed a sigh of relief, loosened her joints, sat down next to him, and reached out to put her hand on his forehead—

Burning hot.

Zong Ying moved her hand down and touched his carotid artery, then opened his eyelids to take a look.

If you have a high fever and overwork, you'll just have a rest. It shouldn't be a big problem.

As long as his whole body is wet, letting him sleep like this all night would definitely make things worse.

Zong Ying got up and went to a guest bedroom in the north, found a set of home clothes his little uncle had worn before, and took another thin blanket.

Back in the living room, she leaned over to change his soaked clothes. Nursing a drowsy patient is a hard work and requires skills. Although Zong Ying hasn't practiced for several years, she hadn't lost skills—removed his cufflinks, unbuttoned his shirt, unbuckled his belt, all in one go.

When everything was changed, Zong Ying spread out the blanket and wrapped him around. She went to the kitchen to get the medicine box and water and crushed a fever-reducing medicine to feed him.

Zong Ying sat next to him and subconsciously touched the cigarette in her pocket but gave up as soon as her fingertips touched the cigarette case.

She leaned forward, took the laptop on the coffee table, and placed it on her lap to read some articles. After a long time, the wall clock clanged lazily, Zong Ying closed the laptop screen, picked up the remote control to turn on the TV, then muted it.

In a silent ball game, athletes ran and competed on the field, Zong Ying watched, but sleepiness gradually came over her.

She fell asleep next to Sheng Qingrang.

She woke up with her body jolting in a sudden, she seemed to have sank into a softer sofa.

Her mobile phone kept vibrating in her pocket, Zong Ying opened her eyes, there was no TV in front of her, only a huge coffee table and a wall. Her hand was still resting on Sheng Qingrang's forehead, during this time, she could detect that his temperature had dropped a little.

She took out her phone and turned off the alarm clock. It was early six o'clock and the clock bell had just ended ringing.

There is no doubt that she came to 1937 again, so today should be August 12.