Chapter 38 She pulled out the watch from the box and put it on her wrist

The streetlamps are stingy and only take care of the world under their feet. Sheng Qingrang stands outside the bright light with a half-blind face.

The heat of the instant noodles rose quietly, the spicy aroma diffused in the nasal cavity, the background music of the convenience store automatically switched to the next song, and the melody suddenly became lively.

The part-time night shift students were scrapping expired food, and the sound of footsteps stopped. Zong Ying sat in front of the long table in a daze.

From a certain year, 914 day is no longer worth celebrating.

Therefore, she has not had a birthday for more than ten years, and no one has told her "Happy Birthday" for a long time.

Through the glass window, this kind of blessing that doesn't really sound is a strange thing for Zong Ying.

After the part-time student finished her work, she suddenly raised her head, looked out, and saw a familiar figure, she thought, why is he here again?

Because she was on the night shift, she often met this strange man after 10 p.m. His behaviour and clothes were old-fashioned, but he was never shabby. But every time he came to the store, he always didn't buy anything, just asked her if she had any leftover food.

The part-time student looked around and saw that he was bent over, and his eyes fell on the woman who was eating instant noodles behind the table.

He wouldn't even be jealous of other people's instant noodles, would he?!

The part-timers look awkward when she looked at it. As soon as she looked away, the welcome bell rang. When she heard the sound, she turned around and saw the gentleman open the door and come in.

He didn't go to the counter to ask for leftover food but went straight to the window table and stopped beside the lady.

He was obviously a little overwhelmed, leaned over a little, and whispered cautiously, "Miss Zong, I'm sorry. I might have been abrupt just now."

Zong Ying was distracted from the moment she listened to him talk about happy birthday. Until he disappeared out of the glass window, until he pushed the door in, and until he apologized, she covered the instant noodles bowl and looked up sideways. Unexpectedly, she said, "Thank you."

Seeing her expression as usual, Sheng Qingrang breathe a sigh of relief, and then handed over the watch box: "Thank you very much for your help over the past few months, please accept it."

Zong Ying's eyes fell on the box. Two seconds later, she reached out to take the gift.

One can basically guess what it is by looking at the logo on the box. When she opens it, there is indeed a watch inside, a watch from the 1930s.

Different from the antique watches that have been passed down from generation to generation, this watch is new and shiny, without the baptism of years. When you touch the dial with your fingertips, you can directly touch the temperature and smell of that era.

Zong Ying vaguely smelled some of the flames of war.

On the watch, on the box, there is also the smell on Sheng Qingrang's clothes.

They are so clear and intense that they even overshadowed the spicy flavour of instant noodles.

Zong Ying lowered her eyes to look at Sheng Qingrang's shoes, the uppers were dust that had not been wiped off, the trousers were not clean, the shirts were kept neat and tidy, but she looked up and finally met his eyes, she really wanted to ask "Where have you been these days?", but in the end, she just asked him in a calm tone: "Have you eaten?"