Platform 9 3/4 and sorting

Rigel arrived at King's Cross station at 10 AM on the first. The train was leaving at 11, but the matron wanted to leave him early. He had been rubbing his nose which had been bothering him since Johnathan Mace punched him. White was sixteen, heavily built and twice his size and the teen was making snide remarks about Rigel going to a school for freaks and he'd had to retaliate. He hoped people won't think of him as some kind of you. He wanted to make a good impression.

Mrs. Doods slapped his hand away from his head and he scowled up at her. They stood in the huge ticket hall at King's Cross staring at two platform numbers. There was number nine, then number ten. Doods looked at the letter in her hand again.

"For goodness sake." She muttered.

"We have to run at the barriers." Rigel explained, "I told you."

"Don't be ridiculous." Mrs. Doods scoffed, "I'm not running at anything."

"I'll go, then. Leave me here."

"Fine then!" Mrs. Doods snarled. "Dont come back crying to me."

Before Rigel could even make a snide remark, Mrs. Doods clipped off towards the exit. Rigel flicked her off.

"Bitch." He muttered then took a deep breath.

He ran at the barrier at full pelt, squeezing his eyes shut tight as he approached the stone barrier. But he didn't hit anything. The atmosphere changed, and he opened his eyes to find himself standing on a completely different platform, surrounded by people of his kind.

Wizards.

There was a large, scarlet old fashioned train before him, letting loose great clouds of steam. The crowds here were so blatantly magical that Rigel couldn't help but laugh. He saw robes, owls, broomsticks, and older wizards and witches levitating their children's trunks with wands. Towards the back of the platform was a wide, marked-off area, and Rigel saw families and people seeming to condense out of the shadows and appear there with a loud accompanying crack before they would walk into the platform proper. Young children were running, and snatches of joyous and teary conversation could be heard. All in all, it was hugely different from the scene Rigel had seen on the Muggle platforms. There, everything was so dull and murky. Here though, here there was life.

Someone knocked on the compartment door and Rigel turned to see a boy and a girl his age. One had messy hair with round spectacles while the other one was a petite and pale girl with bright red hair pulled back in a tight plait. Both of them had almond-shaped hazel eyes.

"Hi, can my sister and I sit here?" the boy said almost awkwardly. Probably because of the eye. At least this time, he didn't runoff.

Rigel nodded and the two looked relieved. The girl tried to help her brother lift the trunks onto the train but they were too heavy and the trunks were really large.

"Need help?" Rigel asked almost amusedly.

"Yes please." the boy panted.

Rigel took out his wand and thought about one of the spells he learned.

"Wingardium leviosa."

The trunk floated and pushed the trunk into the compartment then repeated the same thing to the redhead.

"Twins?" Rigel asked.

"Yes, umm, my name is Harry and this is Eliza." Said the boy nervously.

"Hello." the girl waved cheerfully.

Rigel stared at Harry's lightning scar before shrugging. He didn't want to bother the twins.

"Feel free to sit. I suppose." Rigel shrugged. They either didn't know his father or didn't care.