Diagon Alley and Gringotts

McGongall had insisted on taking him to Diagon Alley, the wizarding market but Rigel -stubborn as he was- wanted to go alone and McGongall relented not before telling him the directions before leaving with a small pop.

So wearing a grey shirt and one of his jeans for 'special occasions' he left.

"I'll just get some money from my vault," Rigel thought holding his golden key with the number 711 engraved. The key was one of the very few belongings he had left.

The walk wasn't bad. It was only about a twenty-minute distance, and it gave Rigel time to try to calm himself down. Finding the Leaky Cauldron wasn't difficult at all 'Gotta hand it to McGonagall, she sure knows how to give directions'. Exactly as she had said, the muggles seemed not even to notice the small pub, their eyes flowing from the store before it to the one after it. He pushed open the door, strode in, and let the door close behind him.

The Leaky Cauldron was an extremely comfortable place, Rigel felt immediately. Whether it was the dimly lit atmosphere, caused by the candlelit lamps floating around the room, or the casual magic occurring in it, Rigel felt at home.

He walked over to the bar, which an elderly man was engrossed in wiping down, not even paying attention to the glasses behind him which were cleaning themselves.

"Excuse me, sir, I was told to ask Tom to open the way to Diagon Alley for me?"

The man looked up "I'm Tom, and you must be a muggle-born right?"

"Pureblood but muggle raised." Rigel instantly replied. McGongall told him about the three blood statuses and he was considered pure-blood. Wizarding families who claimed to have no Muggles or Muggle-borns (witches or wizards who were born to two non-magical parents) in their family tree. Though Rigel doubts that it was true because if traced hard enough, there can be muggle ancestors in his family.

"Huh never met that sort of fellow," Tom said with a frown then shrugged. "But anything's possible in the magical world. Well, follow me."

Rigel did just that, and Tom led him out through the back door, to a small garden and a brick wall. Rigel looked at Tom quizzically and the barman chuckled. He walked up to the wall and pulled out a wand.

"Now remember this –Two up, and three across" He tapped the bricks in question, and the wall opened. Opened! Rigel couldn't keep the surprise off his face.

Tom gave a chuckle, "It's always great seeing the faces of young witches and wizards their first time here".

"Thank you very much, sir." Rigel smiled "Could you please point me to the bank, Gringotts I think it's called?"

"You see that large white marble building? That's Gringotts. They're run by goblins. Yes, I'm not joking." he added at the look of surprise on Rigel's face "Be polite to them, don't look at them oddly."

"Well thank you, sir."

With that, Rigel walked off into the wizarding world, and Tom headed back to his pub, talking to himself "What a polite young boy. Looks like a young Sirius Black".

Walking up to Gringott's was an experience for Rigel. The shops were all so different from anything he had ever seen before—Shops selling broomsticks, potion supplies, and robes. There were restaurants, bookstores, pet stores, and more. Everything was eye-catching and dazzling. The signs were changing as he watched them, the pictures moving about, and the umbrellas outside some of the cafes opening on their own. It was brilliant. Rigel had the insane desire to go to either go to quality quidditch supplies, but he quashed that desire and carried on moving purposefully to the towering white building.