Chapter 9

I said goodbye to Jake and walked into the shop, the bell above the door rang and the staffs eyes were on me. There was 2 of them there. One young man about 18 and an older woman about 30.

"Hello" I say holding back my nerves.

"Hello how can I help you?" The boy asks. Looking around the room I smile.

"I'm here to start working" I say, he smiles.

"Great!" He laughs then I follow him to the back room of the shop and so does the other woman.

"So I will give you little tour and show what to do then we can get started" he searched through a cabinet of paper work looking through.

"Hello my name is Sarah" the woman said making me jump from behind.

"Hi, I'm Danni"

"Danni! That's the one" the man laughs. I laugh back and he pulled a file out with my name on it.

"I'm James" he said as he sat down on a chair and read through the work.

"James maybe you should just show Danni the shop I'll look through the paper work" Sarah said taking the folder off James and going back to the shop.

"She can be quite moody sometimes" James whispered. I laughed and followed him around.

"So this is the break room, where you go on your break obviously"

"So what was the other room?" I ask.

"That's the work room where we sort out paper work" he said smiling. Then we went back into the actual shop and he showed me what to do and I got the hang of it straight away.

"Your great" he says. I smile at his kindness.

"James I have to go, it's an emergency will you be okay running here" Sarah says quickly.

"Who's going to watch Danni?" He asks.

"She will be fine if any problems she can call you out" Sarah said then ran out the shop. James sighed then showed me to behind he counter.

"You don't mind working here in your own do you? I fully trust you" He asked.

"Sure" I was really happy he trusted me to run an actual shop by my self.

"I'll be in the break room, I have a lot of paper work to do" He says. Then walks off to the back room closing the door behind him. I sit back in the chair and read a magazine from a draw in the counter. The bell rings above the door making me jump a little bit and my first customer comes in.

Then as the day goes on more and more customers come in. People are wanting to buy:
*summer hats
*pool things
*ice creams
*cold drinks

And loads more. All the customers have gone and it's quiet for a long time again. I continue to read my magazine and grab a drink from the vending machine.

"Well hello" a voice says as the door opens. I jump up and look at who it is. It's Talon.

"Oh hey" I reply.

"Not happy to see me?" He asks looking around the shop.

"No.. I mean yes.. Urm of course I am" I laugh. I didn't know what to say.

"So your being let to run the shop on your own sure they can trust you?" He laughs. Well that's a bit rude.

"Actually I'm good at this job" I say takin a sip from my drink. He smiles and sits down on a chair near me.

"I need to talk to you, how about you meet me at the beech after work?" He suggests.

"I can't tonight what about tomorrow?"