Chapter 41

"Why did you have to do that?" I said with a sigh as we dropped Chai off home. Jake looked at me confused as he pulled his seatbelt across him.

"What an earth do you mean Danni?" He asked, it did sound a little sarcastic. I rolled my eyes and stared straight at him.

"I hate being in situations like that, and you know why" I moaned at him and turned my attention to outside from my window. I heard Jake sigh then touch my arm.

"I'm sorry okay, I did tell you though me and Talon are fine.. For your sake" he said. I didn't really know how to reply so I just have a weak smile. Then we started to drive home.

"Oh Dad just texted me as well saying they are home, they let her out early" Jake said in a happy tone. That also made me feel extremely happy, I just can't wait to get home and give her cuddles now. We arrived back at the house and I walked inside and hung all my things up and went into the kitchen where Dad was sat drinking a coffee and reading a newspaper.

"Hey" I chirped. He looked up and smiled.

"Was your morning good?" He asked. Jake stepped in behind me and answered the question for me.

"It was nice" He smiled. Dad nodded and folded his newspaper up.

"Mums upstairs with Auria having some one to one time with her, I've never seen your mum so happy before so maybe let them spend another hour together before hand aye?" Dad suggested. As much as I wanted to rush up them stairs to see her I understood what Dad was trying to say. So instead I went to the living room and switched on my phone.

I'm so sorry about Jack.. I didn't realise he had been harassing you. I hope your okay you seemed a little on edge this morning -Talon.

Don't worry about Jack and I know how to handle people like him. And yeah I'm fine just tired I guess! Speak later -Dan

An hour passed and I decided to go see Mum and Auria. As I entered her room, mum was sat in the armchair feeding Auria.

"Hey" I said in a quiet voice closing the door behind me.

"Dan!how was your morning?" She asked smiling as she held Auria. I smiled back at her and sat on the small sofa beside her.

"Yeah it was nice" I replied remembering I said exactly the same as Jake.

"Good, good!" She chirped. Then she finished feeding Auria and slowly handed her over to me. I held her gently and just looked and her beautiful little face.

"It's so lovely to see her in your arms" Mum said she had tears in her eyes. So did I nearly.

"I've been waiting for this moment for so long Mum" I said making me want to cry as I held her. I looked over at mum and she was crying but also smiling.

"Oh darling, it's so amazing to have us all together now! As one family" she said happily. I nodded.

"Can I leave you with her for a while as I want to go have a cuppa with Dad?" Mum asked as she wiped away the tears.

"Of course" I answered. Then she good up and kissed my forehead before leaving the room. I continued to cuddle Auria, she seemed so sleepy so I decided to put her in her crib. Her crib was so cute, I made it as comfy as possible by putting teddies, pillows and blankets in. She feel asleep as soon as I put her in there. I didn't want to leave her still so I sat back down on the sofa and kicked my feet up.

"Dan?" I heard Jake say from outside the room.

"Shhh" I whispered as he came in.

"Sorry" He whispered back as he tiptoed in and closed the door as quietly as he could.