Chapter 23

"Danni please come downstairs" I hear mum shout out. I look at my phone to see the time.

'6:30pm'

"Just coming" I shouted back. I jumped up from my bed and hurried down the stairs. I walked into the living room where mum, dad and Jake were all sitting. They looked concerned.

"Everything okay?" I ask.

"Take a seat" Dad says. I slide into a space on the sofa next to Jake and look blankly at them.

"I just had a phone call from Miss Turnal" Mum said. Wow! Wonder what she's told mum now.

"What did she say?" I ask.

"Danni, what happened in art today?" Jake speaks up. I sigh.

"I got pushed" I reply.

"That doesn't explain why a pit of water went over the teacher!" Dad moans. I lean back into the sofa wishing this conversation wasn't happening.

"I was getting the art equipment I needed and Lexi was behind me and as I picked up the pit of water she pushed my and I dropped the water over miss" I said.

"But miss said you never told her anything" Mum says.

"She didn't give me a chance!" I shout. Mum comes over to me and gives me a hug.

"Is this girl giving you problems?" Mum asks. I shake my head.

"No not really" I say.

"Not really?" Jake said looking over.

"She's just jealous!" I moan. Mum nods her head and stands up.

"I'll get us some snacks for tonight, then we can enjoy some T.V" mum said smiling. She was trying to change the subject as she knew I was uncomfortable.

"Danni come give me a hand" she said giving me an excuse to leave. I follow her into the kitchen and stand beside the kitchen counter.

"So is this girl jealous of you and Talon?" She asked with a sigh as she got a plate from the top cupboard. Mum knows everything! I nod.

"Yes" I reply giving her a hand.

"Have you spoken to Talon?"

"Yes Lexi got her mate to start an argument with him and Talon got in trouble" I say.

"What for?" Mum asks raising an eyebrow.

"Punching him" I say shyly.

"Why would he do that?" Mum seemed a bit annoyed.

"He was just protecting me" I lie. Mum looks at me and then smiles.

"You got a nice boy there" she laughs then puts some cookies on to a plate.

"Take these in to the living room, I'll just make some drinks" she says. As I carry the plate in to the living room, I see Jake standing outside the kitchen but hidden.

"Jake! You made me jump" I say.

"So it was to do with Talon then" Jake moaned.

"Leave your sister alone Jake!" I heard mum shout from the kitchen. He mumbles something then takes the cookies into the living room. Quickly I go in after him and sit beside him.

"Has he upset you?" Jake whispers.

"No" I whisper back then steal the TV control and change the Chanel. Mum comes in handing us a glass each and we chill out and watch some family quiz shows. It gets to 9:00pm and I start to get really tired.