Chapter 14

Today I was wearing a short summer dress as it was a really nice day today. My hair was down and I was planning on dying the ends of my hair blonde.

"Morning" I said brightly as I entered the kitchen were everyone was sat.

"Morning" they all replied. Jake still didn't look to happy.

"Jake can I talk to you for a minute?" I asked. Mum looked at me weirdly and so did dad.

"Oh it's nothing, we're just working on something together and needed his help" I said, as I kicked jakes leg hoping he would stand up.

"Surely you can say it in from of us" mum laughed going back to her newspaper.

"It's a surprise!" I laughed. We was working on the baby project so I wasn't really lying.

"Oh Dan, I forgot to ask you, did work go okay?" He asked. I completely understood why he keeps forgetting things like that. The business is getting more busy then usual for them.

"Yeah it went really well, they even let me run the shop on my own" I smiled.

"That's great well done!" Mum and dad both said.

"I can go get us some breakfast from the cure cafe down the road if you want?" I offered changing the subject.

"Me and your dad have already eaten but if you want to go your welcome to" mum said smiling. I nodded and walked to get my purse from the counter.

"Jake do you want to come?" I asked turning to him.

"I'm alright thanks" he replied then got up and walked away.

"He's hurting Dan, he will be fine" Dad said. I already knew why he was being like this. I smiled at both of them and left.

When I arrived at the cafe I ordered some food and a glass of orange juice and sat down at a table. As I started to eat, i got a message..

Look behind you beautiful xo- T. That text made me smile. I turned around and saw him sitting down at a table. He stood up and brought his things to mine.

"Well fancy seeing you here" he laughed sitting opposite me. I just laughed.

"Talon.." I began. I wanted to talk to him about my brother. Find out his side of story.

"Yes..?" He asked.

"I.. I" i stuttered. He looked at me blankly trying to figure out what I was saying.

"I need to know your side of the story" I said. He leant back in his chair and sighed.

"What did your brother say exactly?" Talon asked.

"It wasn't just Jake I spoke to, Carla was there as well" I said. After j said Carla's name he looked upset like memories were going through him.

"I liked her" he said and then didn't continue.

"But Talon my brother he loved Carla to and she loved him!" I spoke.

"She said she loved me!" He said leaning into me.

"She said she liked me two, she said she loved me. I didn't mean to hurt Jake honestly I just wanted her to be mine" he whispered.

"Do you still have feelings for her now?" I asked.

"No, I have feelings for the girl sat I front of me. I smiled my cheeks going a bit red.

"Danni, I don't want the past to get in our way"

"Talon" I whispered not knowing what to say.

"Danni, do you like me back?" He asked with a smirk on his face. I just looked at him.

"I need to go" I said rushing. As I stood up he grabbed my arm but not in a horrible way and looked at me and told me to sit back down.

"Yes Talon, yes I do like you back!" I said then he let go of my arm and I walked away.

I ran as far away as possible, I made it to the end of the beech where I use to go when I was younger. I caught my breath and rested for a while.

"Danni?" A voice said from behind. I turned round and noticed Jake was there.

"Hey" I said smiling.

"I thought you was at the cafe?" He asked.

"I was but I came here afterwords" I said.

"How come you ran here?"

Now what I suppose to tell him?

"Let me guess running away from Talon?" He smirked.

"How did you-" he cut me off.

"As soon as you left I came after you, I heard your little "chat" he said looking around the beech.

"Jake.. I really do like him"

"I know you do and even though it's hard for me to take your welcome to him" he said. I was shocked..

"So I can d-" he cut me off again.

"Yes Danni if you date you date but if he hurts you I will kill him" Jake said with a weak smile.

"Thank you, why don't you try talking to Carla.. Sort things out! You had something strong" I say.

"Exactly Danni, we had something strong" he said shouting at the word had. He then slowly walked away. Quickly I grabbed my phone and texted Talon.

Get here now, I'm at the beech x- D

It took him a minute to reply.

Feisty love it! Xxx- T

I'm not messing around get here now! X- D

ten minutes later I see him walking down towards me. I run up to him wrap my arms around him and kiss him. It lasted for quite some time.

"Danni, are you sure about this?" He whispered sending a shiver down my spine. I looked at him and started to kiss him again. It felt so good to finally know I have him.

"Does that give you the answer your looking for?" I said smirking.

"It gave me more then what I was looking for" he said. His arms were half around my waist and his hands holding onto my hips.

"I love you" he whispered.

"I love you two"