Chapter One

Chapter One

She's singing "baby come home" in a melody of tears

While the rhythm of the rain keeps time

"Alexander! If you're not out of bed in the next two minutes you're going to be late!" Dad yelled from God knows where. I groaned as I threw my blankets over my head, wishing more than anything that I could just keep sleeping.

Unfortunately for me, I didn't have that luxury.

"Dad said you have to get up." My fifteen year old sister Jemma grumbled, glaring at me from the doorway.

"Tell him I'm up then."

"He said you have to be out of bed." Jemma rolled her eyes, the green irises nearly piercing into my very soul. I groaned before sitting up, returning Jemma's glare without a moment of hesitation.

"There. I'm up. Happy?"

"No. You're still in bed."

"Why are you so annoying?"

"Why are you so difficult?" She said, smirking as I sat there. I couldn't think of anything else to say.

She had a point.

"Touché." I said, glaring at her before climbing out of the bed. Jemma let out a little shriek before running out of the room, leaving me completely confused as to why.

I was completely clothed.

What the hell was her problem?

"Alexander, do not make me come up there!" Dad yelled again, earning an eye roll from me as I shut my bedroom door to get dressed. It didn't take long, probably because I just grabbed a shirt off the floor along with a pair of skinny jeans.

But no one would notice.

"Well if it isn't sleeping beauty." Dad remarked the second I walked into the kitchen, smirking when I glared at him. I sat down at my usual place next to Jemma. Jemma's cheeks were red as she looked into her cereal. The breakfast table was silent, much like it always was this early.

Of course when the clock read 7:30, Aiden and Jaiden would come running in with grins upon their faces. Mum would follow about five minutes later, a tired smile on his face but a smile nonetheless. Dad kissed Mum on his cheek, smiling brightly before sitting down.

"I see you got him out of bed." Mum remarked, grabbing the cereal before pouring himself a bowl.

"It's my birthday. I should be allowed to sleep in." I pointed out, putting the spoon back in my cereal as Dad arched his eyebrows.

"It's your birthday?"

"Harry...." Mum warned, looking at Dad.

"I'm just teasing him." Dad said defensively, holding up his hands. Mum rolled his eyes, looking at us as if we had all the answers.

Unfortunately for us all, none of us did.

"Speaking of the fact that it's my birthday... You guys should let me stay home from school..." I tried, saying it slowly in hopes that they would catch on quicker. Dad let out a laugh, glancing over at Mum as he shook his head.

"No way in hell you're missing school today." Dad said.

"Why not? It's not like I'm failing anything Dad. It's pointless." I tried, but I knew it was probably going to get me nowhere. After nearly flunking out last year, Dad and Mum had created a strict "you are not allowed to miss school unless you cracked your head open on the fire place" rule. In other words, even if I was on my deathbed, they would send me to school.

Which sucked.

But it was mainly my fault.

"Not happening."

"Fine." I grumbled, dropping the subject. Breakfast became quiet after that, everyone eating peacefully. When it was time to leave we all said our goodbyes, grabbing our bags off the floor and walking out the front door. I would take everyone to school, dropping Aiden and Jaiden off at the middle school first, next would be Audrey at the junior high, and last but not least I would arrive at the high school with Jemma and Jonah. Jem and I would help Jo out of the car, handing him his walking stick and linking his arms with our own. We would all talk quietly with each other, enjoying the last few moments of absolute quiet before walking into the school. Jonah and Jemma would take their leave at that point, heading towards their side of the school while I would walk towards mine. Normally I would meet up with my friends right about now, but none of them were coming today because the assholes ditched me for a haunted house. I couldn't convince Mum or Dad to let me miss school, which in turn totally sucked ass but it was my own fault really. When I finally reached my locker, I put in my combination and threw majority of what was in my bag inside. I jumped when someone put their hands over my eyes, almost ready to turn around and punch whoever the hell it was.... that is until the familiar scent of Oliver's cologne washed over me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, taking his hands away from my face as I turned around to look at him. Oliver smiled at me brightly, his golden brown eyes sparkling.

"Came to see you. It is your birthday after all, is it not?"

"It is... but your dad said that you wouldn't be back until next week. What about your band?"

"They'll be fine without me for a day. It's your birthday babe, and I got special permission from your parents to kidnap you. Now cmon, we haven't got all day." He grabbed my hand before I had the chance to protest, linking his fingers with mine as he dragged me out of the school.

------------------------------------

Posted this before I put the authors note.

Oops lol.

Anyways, the guy in the multimedia is A.J.

He's hella cute.

I cry.

Comment

And

Vote

Connie xx