Chapter Twenty-Six

Chapter Twenty-Six

I'm sorry, I'm not what you wanted,

I'm sorry, I'm sorry I let you down

"I can't believe you're making me do this..." I grumbled as we walked out into the snow. Oliver was smiling like a little kid, almost jumping up and down in excitement as he closed the door behind us.

"Lighten up a bit, will you? This is supposed to be fun. Besides, you have to get used to it eventually." Oliver said, grabbing my hand and dragging me off the porch. I rolled my eyes at him, but he was being rather cute. It had been quite some time since he had been this carefree, since really either of us had been.

"Alright. Are we going to build a snowman?" I asked him, standing off to the side as Oliver already dropped to his knees to make a snowball.

"Of course we are. Now c'mon Alexander." Oliver didn't even look at me as he spoke, biting his bottom lip as he started to roll the snow. I didn't really want to get down on my hands and knees, so I waited until he got the snow rolling a little more. I giggled a little as I helped him make the bottom half of the snowman, forgetting how much fun it was to play in the snow. Oliver let me roll the bottom by myself for a few minutes as he got the middle started, and then we repeated the same process as before. Once we had three fairly large balls of snow, Oliver went into the cabin to go grab some things. He walked out with a random scarf and a carrot.

"I guess we should find some rocks and twigs..." Oliver said, looking around for the items he mentioned.

"It's a shame Uncle Zayn didn't come with us, he's got about twenty rocks at home... doesn't he?" Oliver snorted before shaking his head.

"He wouldn't let us use them for a snow man. They're his "children", he likes them more than Liv and I... Something to due with the fact that we talk back I think." Oliver shrugs, once again looking around for some rocks. He found a couple at the base of the cabin and I found a couple of fallen branches. Once we were done, Oliver and I stood back to admire our handy work. Of course Oliver didn't exactly realize that I had made a snowball when he was placing the rocks on the head. When he put his arm around me, I took the opportunity to shove my snow ball right in his face.

"What the hell?!" He cursed out, looking at me with a look of betrayal. I couldn't help but burst out laughing, almost doubling over as I did so. My laughter didn't last for long before Oliver's eyes got a mischievous glint in them, and he bent down to the snow once more.

"Hey now... That was payback for you being a dick..." I said, raising my hands in surrender. Oliver just continued to smile, picking up the snowball he had just created. He started to walk towards me and I took a couple steps back.

"You're only make it harder on yourself babe." Oliver said, shaking his head as I continued to back away from him. My back hit a tree and before I had the chance to move away from it Oliver was right in front of me. He practically shoved the snow in my face, making me squeal as I pushed at him back. This caused Oliver to stumble back and out of reflex he grabbed my arm, dragging me down with him. He landed with a huff and I landed on top of him.

"Look what you did..." He whispered, looking at me as I arched my eyebrows.

"Look what I did? You're the one who shoved me against a tree." I retorted, shaking my head and giggling as a bunch of snow flew out of my hair. Oliver grimaced but it was only for a second. He was smiling like an idiot, a fond expression on his face as he looked at me.

"You're beautiful." He whispers again, his eyes connecting with mine. My cheeks started to grow warm and I had to look away for a second. His hand brushed my cheek, moving my chin so that I was looking at him again. He leaned up and kissed me, softly as he often did. I always loved it when Oliver kissed me, mainly due to the fact that they were always soft and tender.

Almost as if he was scared to kiss me any harder.

"Are we really going to make out in the snow?" I asked, giggling a little after Oliver pulled away. He rolled his eyes at me before letting go of me. I got off him, reaching a hand out to help him up. He kissed me again once he was standing up, his hands grabbing both of mine as he did. After he pulled away, he rested his forehead against mine, a few snowflakes were stuck against his lashes.

"Alex?" Oliver whispers, looking down at me. His brown eyes were almost gold in the sun, his curly black hair sticking out of the beanie.

"Yeah?" I whisper back, linking our fingers together. He smiles at me, biting his bottom lip like he always does when he's nervous.

"Will you marry me?"

------------------------------------

Does this classify as a cliff hanger? Personally I don't think it does lol.

I might double update today though. Just depends on my mood when I get home from work.

Whoop.

Comment

And

Vote

Connie xx