Chapter Twenty-Three

And the more I hide I realize I'm slowly losing you

"Harry, what in gods name did you do?!" Mum was the first to react, well I guess I should say overreact. Dad was sitting there with a sheepish smile, a guilty look in his eyes as if he was one of the twins who got caught stealing out of the cookie jar.

"I kept my word?" Dad said, but it came out in a question. Mum then proceeded to go into a rant about how Dad wasn't allowed to just go hit whoever he pleased, let alone my boyfriend.

But was he really my boyfriend anymore? I mean, I kinda broke up with him last night.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, finally getting over the shock that Oliver had once again came to the rescue.

This time felt different though.

I wasn't happy to see him. In fact, I felt a little angry.

"I came to see you..." He says, his eyes hopeful as if just by saying that I would forgive him. It wasn't that easy.

"I guessed as much." I said bitterly. I didn't care if it came out rude or cold... I was really pissed off with him right now, and he was the last person I wanted to see. Dad and Mum must've sensed the sudden tension, for they excused themselves from the room. I crossed my arms over my chest, arching my eyebrows at him as he continued to just sit there.

"Alex, I'm sorry." Oliver says, still looking at me with hope.

"Sorry isn't going to just magically fix this." I said quietly, trying my hardest to keep my voice calm. On the outside I would like to say I was composed, I wasn't letting him see how angry and hurt I was.

But to Oliver I was always an open book.

He always knew how I felt.

"You know I didn't mean it Alex... I trust you. I trust you more than I trust my own family sometimes... I trust you. I just don't trust him." Oliver said, looking down at his hands when he did this.

"And that's fine. I'm not telling you that you have to trust Ray. I'm telling you that you have to trust me. Im not going to go and cheat on you. You should trust me enough to know that much, but the fact that you can't even look at me doesn't let me know that you do." I said, my voice definitely a little harsher than my earlier tone. Oliver looked up at that point, his mouth opening as if he was going to say something but it closed just as quick. He shakes his head a little, biting his bottom lip as he looks at me. I just look at him, waiting for him to say something.

"I don't trust him." He says again.

"Trust me." I whispered, really trying to figure out why it was so hard for him to do that. Oliver doesn't say anything for a second, his lip almost bleeding as he bites down harder.

"I do. I'm sorry... I just... I really don't want to lose you Alex... you and bear are my family... and I can't lose that." Oliver says quietly, a sad expression on his face as he looks at me. I don't know what else to say, my anger fading a little as I looked at the bruise on his cheek.

"He got you pretty good, didn't he?" I asked, finally walking over to Oliver. I bent forward a little, carefully touching the bruise before taking my hand back as Oliver flinched.

"Yeah... I didn't even get the chance to say hello... He opened the door for me and next thing I know... I was on the ground and my cheek was numb. Serves me right I guess. I did get you pregnant." Oliver gives a small smile, but I could tell it wasn't genuine. It didn't reach his eyes, and it was gone just as soon as it had came.

"Yeah." I said, standing up straight before walking over to the freezer to grab him another bag of frozen vegetables. I handed them to him before sitting down next to him at the table. When he reached for my hand, i didn't move it away... instead I let him link my fingers with his.

"Does this mean you forgive me?" He asks after a minute, looking at me with hope in his eyes yet again. I sighed a little, shaking my head before biting my lip.

"I'm still upset with you, and I'm not going to just forgive you because you came back and said sorry... it doesn't work like that." I said quietly, looking at him. Oliver didn't really look all that defeated about the fact I didn't forgive him just yet... In fact he actually smiled a little.

"I know, and I'm going to make it up to you." He squeezes my hand softly as I arch my eyebrows.

"How exactly do you plan on doing that?" I asked.

"It's a surprise..."

"I hate surprises..." I smiled though, looking down at our intertwined hands.

"I love you Alex..." Oliver says quietly, and when I looked up at him I could tell he meant it.

"I love you too... Even if you're a dick sometimes."

"Is this the part where I say "but at least I'm your dick" or something along those lines?"

"If you really do love me... you'll never say that again."

------------------------------------

Huzzah for new updates.

Huzzah cause Olly and A.J. are somewhat back on track.

Huzzah cause Connie posted a new story... cover is in the multimedia and the description is below. It would mean a lot if you guys checked it out and told me what you think.

So yeah :)

Comment

And

Vote

Connie xx