Chapter Thirty-Six (O.M.)

Chapter Thirty-Six

If you can wait till I get home, 

Then I swear to you that we can make this last.

"What are you doing here?" Rayden asks, moving the flowers away from his face. 

"I asked you first." I glared at him, really not liking the fact that he was here. Sure, Alex and him were friends... and I technically wasn't his boyfriend anymore.

That didn't mean I wanted Rayden around Alex.

Especially right now. 

"Last I checked, the two of you weren't speaking. So really, you don't have a reason to be here." Rayden returns my glare with a smirk. 

"It's my baby." It was my turn to smirk, especially when Rayden's eyes narrowed at me. I crossed my arms over my chest, waiting for him to say something stupid.

"You've hardly been there for him." Rayden is still glaring at me, even when my smirk fades and anger starts to boil through me. He made it sound like it was my choice, like it was my idea for A.J. and I to break up. Rayden must of taken my silence as  queue to start walking into A.J.'s room. I was quick to jump in front of him though.

"I'm not going to let you in there." I said, getting ready to push him if he so much as tried to walk into the room. Rayden lets out a laugh and shakes his head. 

"It's not up to you." 

"Let me make myself clear, I don't want you anywhere near Alex or my son. I don't care if you think you can do whatever the f uck you want, but I will personally kick your ass if I find out you so much as thought about him. He's never going to want you Rayden, he's never going to be with you. So do yourself a favor and f uck off." Rayden lets out another laugh before he gets a little too close. 

"I would like to see you try." He whispers before pushing past me. I was quick to follow him, getting ready to drag his stupid ass out of the room. I stopped in my tracks though when I saw that A.J. was awake, a small smile on his face. His eyes lit up a little when I walked into the room, which I guess made me feel a little better. I didn't like the way Rayden was looking at him. 

I didn't like the fact that Rayden was in the room.

"Hey Alex, how are you?" Rayden asks.

"I'm doing okay." A.J. says, but he's not looking at Rayden as I walk over to the bed. Harry smiled at me too before pulling up the chair next to him.

"Sit and just enjoy the show." He says quietly, smirking a little as I arched an eyebrow at that. 

"What?" 

"It's like our own personal drama show. Rayden is hopelessly in love with Alex, you're back in town and we're in a hospital." He laughed a little when I gave him another confused look. A.J. and Rayden were now engaged in a conversation that I didn't care much for, mainly due to the fact that A.J. was holding my hand... not Rayden's.

"Don't you have class Ray?" A.J. asks, looking at Rayden for the first time since I had walked into the room. Rayden just chuckles before nodding.

"I can miss a day of school to see you, it's not a big deal." Rayden shrugs and I try not to gag. I wanted to just kick his ass to the curb, but I knew that if I did that A.J. would be angry with me later. So I suffered silently, playing with A.J.'s hand while I waited for Rayden to finally realize that he wasn't wanted here. I was about to say something snarky but A.J.'s doctor walked in with a small smile on his face. A confused expression crossed his face for a moment but it faded just as fast. Harry stood up from his chair before walking over to the doctor. The two of them talk quietly for a moment before A.J. realizes that the doctor was in the room.

"Good afternoon Alex, how are we feeling?" The doctor asked, walking over to A.J.'s bed. He pats A.J.'s leg as he gives a small smile and a quiet "good." 

"Well I'm glad to hear that and I'm glad to tell you that we've finally got some good news. Your baby seems to be recovering completely. We still aren't sure what happened though, so all we can do is hope that it's not going to happen again... Now, I still want to perform an ultrasound just to make sure there wasn't anything we missed... so how about we head down there?" A.J. looks relieved and for the first time since I had gotten here... his smile seemed genuine again. 

"It's settled then. How about you get dressed and when you're ready I'll have a nurse bring you a wheelchair." And with that the doctor left, leaving the four of us alone. 

"You're going to come down with us right?" A.J. asks, looking at me. I looked over at Rayden, smirking as he glared at me. 

"Do you want me to?" 

"If I didn't then I wouldn't have asked..." He whispers and I smile softly at him. I ignore Rayden for a moment, enjoying the fact that A.J. still wanted me around... even if our baby was going to be okay. 

"I'll go anywhere with you... all you have to do is ask." 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

to be honest this chapter didn't go the way I wanted it to lol

to be honest I'm not sure how I wanted this chapter to go lol.

oh well.

At least I updated haha.

Comment

and

Vote

Connie xx