Moments

Sam drops Alrina into a spare chair across from the Director, all of the other occupants standing at different points throughout the room. Natasha, not wanting to move too far from Alrina, stands directly behind her seat, Steve standing a few feet away with his arms folded across his chest, and Sam standing behind the group not knowing if he has a right to input into the conversation. Fury picks up a photograph before tossing it onto the table.

"This man declined the Nobel Peace Prize. He said, 'Peace wasn't an achievement, it was a responsibility.' See it's stuff like this that gives me trust issues." He shares a glance with the blonde spy, who rolls her eyes at his insinuation that she was another reason.

"We have to stop the launch." Natasha places a hand on Alrina's shoulder, silently challenging the man to say something else about her.

"I don't think the Council's accepting my phone calls anymore." Maria gets up to bring in a briefcase, which Fury opens and spins so the other four could see the chips inside.

"What's that?"

"Once the Helicarriers reach three thousand feet, they triangulate with Insight satellites to become fully weaponized." Alrina goes to stand up, making Natasha jump into action behind her in case she needs help.

"Then what the hell are we still doing here?" Nick looks at the injured woman, brushing off her comment to look at the other three patient individuals.

"We need to breach those carriers and replace their targeting blades with our own."

"One or two won't cut it." The four look to Maria, who has her arms folded together as she seems to be putting together a game plan in her head. "We need to link all three carriers for this to work, because if we don't and even one of them remains operational a whole lot of people are going to die."

"We have to assume everyone aboard those carriers are HYDRA. We need to get past them, insert the server blades, and maybe we can salvage what is left." Steve steps forward, taking all of the attention in the room.

"We're not salvaging anything. We're not just taking down those carriers, Nick, we're taking down S.H.I.E.L.D."

"S.H.I.E.L.D had nothing to do with it."

"You gave me this mission, this is how it ends. S.H.I.E.L.D's been compromised, you said so yourself. HYDRA grew right under your nose and nobody noticed." Alrina's head is bouncing between the two men like a ping pong ball, knowing the Captain is right and slightly excited to destroy one more organization in her lifetime.

"Why do you think we're meeting in this cave? I noticed."

"And how many died before you did, Captain Hook?" The Director looks at the sassy blonde woman who is smiling at the man.

"Look, I didn't know about Barnes."

"Even if you did, would you have told me? Or would you have compartmentalized that too? S.H.I.E.L.D, HYDRA, it all goes."

"He's right." The Director looks at his right hand woman, then the redhead who shrugs in agreement as well. He doesn't even bother to look at Alrina, skipping his gaze to Sam.

"Don't look at me, I do what he does, just slower."

"Well... looks like you're giving the orders now, Captain. Only request I have is that Boldyreva comes with me."

'~'

"They're initiating launch."  Maria's voice travels through her earpiece as she loads one last item onto the helicopter. Fury sitting in the back, just watching the woman move the objects with one fully functioning arm. Alrina is never usually one who enjoys the silence when there's someone else around her that she could talk to, but she would rather be mute than speak to Nicholas Fury.