Running

Comfortability was something Alrina Boldyreva found herself rarely experiencing. Growing up with her wrists handcuffed to a bedpost to spending her teenage and young adult years in a cage, she didn't really know what being truly comfortable was. Who knew she would find it in the inside of an old car floating across the water on a boat.

The large hoodie sleeves covered both of her hands, which were tucked into the front pouch and the hood itself stretched down to cover half of her sleeping face. Natasha didn't want to wake the blonde, knowing she hasn't been getting much sleep since they had to drop everything and go on the run again. But they were almost at their temporary home, so she had to be the bearer of bad news.

"Rina." Natasha shakes the blonde shoulder lightly, slowly rousing her from her nap. As she lets the blonde slowly wake up, she pulls out her phone to watch the cameras where they ditched their gear.

"What?" Alrina opens one tired eye, which Natasha takes as she's awake so she climbs out of the car and makes her way around to the other side. When the passenger side door opens, Alrina groans at the cold air coming inside her bubble. Natasha pulls the blonde out of the car and gets her to follow her inside the boat, making her way to the bathroom to lock them in.

"Really? I thought the backseat would have been more... spacious." Natasha elbows the snarky blonde, placing her phone on the counter so Alrina had a proper glance at the soldiers through the camera. The two share a glance before Alrina nods at her girlfriend, who takes the phone and calls the man in charge on the other side of the hacker camera feed.

"Yeah?" Natasha puts the call on speaker, pulling the camera feed back up.

"Don't do this." Alrina takes the phone from her hands, putting it back on the counter and swapping between different cameras.

"Do what?"

"Come after us. I mean, you're embarrassing yourself, it looks desperate." Alrina lightly chuckles.

"Thought maybe you'd be calling me to cut a deal. 'Cause from my vantage point, it's the federal fugitives who're desperate." Ross walks into the frame of one of the cameras, bringing a teasing smile on Alrinas face.

"From our vantage point, you look like you could use some bed rest, old man. What is this, your second triple bypass?"

"I wouldn't worry about me. We got Barton, we got Wilson and that other guy, the incredible shrinking convict. Even the little witch that you seem so fond of, Boldyreva. Rogers is on the run, you have no friends. Where are you gonna go?"

"We've lived a lot of lives before we met you, Ross. You really shouldn't have gone to all this trouble. I'm done." Natasha hangs up the phone, grabbing the overly relaxed blonde's hand, before leading her back outside into the cold air. She tosses her phone between both of her hands before offering it to her girlfriend.

"Want to do the honors?" Alrina smiles, taking the phone before stepping back a few paces.

"Alright, new record here we come." Alrina cocks her arm back before launching the phone far out into the water with a small noise. A giddy smile on her face as she looks towards her girlfriend, who just shakes her head with a fond smile.

"Come on." They both make their way back to the car as an announcement comes over the boat about docking soon. Alrina, still not knowing where they're going, climbs back into the passenger seat, trusting the redhead getting behind the wheel with her life.

'~'

Alrina doesn't notice she's fallen back asleep until a few bumps in the road wakes her up, noticing Natasha pulling the car into what looks like a small gas station. She rubs her eyes as she looks at the empty seat next to her, failing to see the redhead walk around the car and inside. The blonde knows she wouldn't be long due to being alone, so she reaches a cold hand out of her pocket to mess with the radio.