𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 19

Summary: reader see's the picture and immediately gets pulled back into her past

Content warning: mentions of death, panic attack's, self harm, and blood, abuse.

Viewer discretion has been advised.

"Y/n I'm so sorry." Hotch said as I felt my throat get dry.

My hands started to get clammy and I felt a pressure on my throat as if I was being choked by my own sobs.

The picture was of my best friend Lucas. Sure me and Lucas had not talked in years but that was only because of Jeramy.

Jeramy claimed that Lucas and I were having an affair and that I was secretly in love with him.

He would hit me repeatedly and beat me and Lucas, he was my escape.

He was my best-friend.

Jeramy trapped me and made me close off any contact I had with him.

The last time Lucas and I talked, he told me he loved me like a sister.

He was the only 'brother' I have ever known besides Derek.

Lucas was dead.

There was a bullet wound through his head and he was so..pale.

I felt as the sob left my chest and I sank to the floor, Spencer immediately wrapped his arms around me and comforted me.

"Sh..it's okay." He whispered trying to calm me down.

The blood pounded in my ears and I felt my breathing pick up.My hands started to shake around Spencers body and my tears kept running. I felt my vision grow rounded as if I was looking through a fish-eye lense.

I tried to push Spencer off of me but he kept me pulled in close. I needed to leave, I needed to get away.

"Get off of me.." I whispered, my heart thudding faster and faster.

"Sh..it's okay."

"Get the fuck off of me!" I screamed as I pushed him off of me.

Spencer fell back and looked at me.

I was shaking. I couldn't even look at him or that damn picture.

I closed my eyes and plugged my ears, rocking myself back and forth trying to calm down.

𝙎𝙥𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙚𝙧'𝙨 𝙥𝙤𝙫:

JJ had her arms wrapped around me after y/n pushed me away from her.

Jj helped me up and I looked down at the girl I loved.

She was repeatedly asking if me if I was okay and o couldn't do anything but nod.

I looked down at the girl I loved hyperventilating on the floor.

I had seen this before, she was having a panic attack.

"W-we need to help her." I whispered and Hotch looked at me.

"The best thing to do for her right now is to let her be alone Spencer, just let her breath for a second." He says.

Y/n's hands where clamped over her ears and she was rocking back and forth.

I just wanted to hold her but i needed to let her calm down.

Derek ran into the room immediately to see her and he looked at me.

"Y/n! What the hell just happened!" He shouted and I pointed to the picture.

Derek picked up the picture and looked at it, he then looked at me with a confused look.

"Who the hell is this guy?" Derek asked and I could only shrug my shoulders in response.

"Lucas Brown." Hotch's deep voice said and I looked at him.

"Who is he?"

"I have no idea, I just know he knew Y/N."

"And how do we know that?" Derek asks as he crosses his arms across his chest.

"His last call was to her before he died."

What?

𝗬/𝗻'𝘀 𝗽𝗼𝘃:

I was wrapped in a blanket in the big chair of the police station.

Derek was holding me close and I couldn't do anything, I couldn't even talk.

I was in shock.

"Y/n." I heard Hotch's voice say and I looked up to be met with his brown ones.

"Lucas's last call was to you, did you talk to him by chance?"

I shook my head. My phone was on the air mattress. I didn't grab it when I came out of the room.

"Where's your phone? Maybe he left you a message. Can you get your phone for me?"

I nodded and slowly stood up. I walked to the room and grabbed my phone to see one missed call from him.

I felt a lump in my throat grow and I started to softly cry.

Lucas left me a voice message and I felt myself grow even sadder.

I slid to my voice mail and I clicked on the audio.

"Hey, it's me luke." He said with a small chuckle.

The tears flowed down my face as I listened.

"You probably already knew that though. I just called to ask how you were doing with the whole Jeramy thing. I heard he got out again and I-I just I miss you a lot. If you ever want to go out and get a drink or something just know I'm here. I miss my little sister. I just-I wanted to make sure you were alright. Whenever you get this, please just, just give me a call back. Bye, y/n. I love you." And just like that, the message was over.

I slowly wiped my tears and walked out of the room to be met with Spencer.

He immediately hugged me and kissed my head. I wrapped my arms around him and let out my cries.

He grabs my hand and we head out of the room to be met with the team.

I hand Hotch the phone and he plays the message.

The team listens close and I feel the tears come to my eyes once again.

"Y/n, who's Lucas?" Hotch asks and I wipe my tears and try to calm down.

"Lucas Brown is-was my best friend. We had knows each other for years and when Jeramy and I got married we stopped talking. Not that I wanted to, Jeramy accused me of cheating and I would never. Lucas eventually told me he was gonna tell someone that Jeramy had been beating me and when Jeramy found out he made me cut off all contact I had with him. Luke was, he was a brother to me." I said and Hotch looked down towards his feet.

"I'm so sorry y/n."

"Why didn't you tell me?" Spencer asks and i look down.

"Spencer there's a lot I haven't told you." I say and Emily looks at me.

"Like you being pregnant?" Emily says and my eyes grow wide.

"I-I'm wh-what?"

A/N: the original story is now starting to enter the story :)

Shits about to get good.

Also, I hate kids but the original has Dianne so we might have to correlate the kid or just like..make it go bye bye. Idk yet.