𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 24

TW: talks of rape and sexual assault

Viewer discretion is advised.

(Please don't read if these things trigger you, I will post a brief explanation of the chapter at the bottom if you don't feel comfortable reading.)

Spencer's POV:

You never really ask yourself what death smells like.

We don't do this simply because, it's not something we thought had a smell in the first place.

Before the death of my girlfriend's ex fiancé ,I had pondered this thought in case something had went wrong.

Nothing went wrong of course, everything went exceptionally well.

By the time we had shown up to the house, Jeramy was already dead.

Extremely dead.

Between the blood pooling out of his ear and the shaking hands of y/n's body, I had sworn it was her on the floor and not him.

Her eyebags were extremely dull and dark, her hair was loosely pulled into a hair clip and her throat.

Her throat had hand marks around it and she had blood dripping down the side of her face.

That's when I felt the world stop.

My eyes scanned down to the ripped skirt on her hips and I felt as my jaw tightened.

Y/n ran to me in an instant and I felt as the soft sobs of freedom left her throat.

Her sad but heroic tears stained my jacket and I immediately wrapped her into a hug.

"You're okay, you're okay." I whispered as a pathetic attempt to get her to calm down.

"...h-he was trying to k-kill the ba-baby." She sobbed.

I asked no questions.

Instead, I held her tight and carefully walked her to the near by ambulance.

She carefully sat down as the nurse took her temperature, cleaned her cuts, and asked her questions.

"Can you remember how you got this bruise?"  The blonde haired nurse asked and Y/n slowly nodded.

"I- Jeramy was trying to have..." she paused and looked into my eyes and then back down to the floor.

"...he tried to have sex with me and I- I tried to get him off but he, he just he kept on trying."

"Did he rape you?"  The nurse softly asked.

Silence.

Y/n stayed quiet, she avoided eye contact, and her breathing started to pick up.

"He-yes, he did." She says softly and I feel my heart break.

The nurse writes it down on her clipboard, and looks up at me.

"Can I talk to you over here?" She says as she pulls me aside.

"We are going to have to test her for any...diseases and give her an x-ray for her wrist and ribs." She says softly and I nod.

"Do you want me to drive her to the ER?" I ask and the nurse softly nods.

"I would suggest the ambulance but, I think some time with you would be good for her."

I softly nod and go back to see y/n sitting.

"Hey.." I say softly.

"..we're going to go to the hospital alright?"

She looks up and I see the tears rolling softly down her face.

"Come on." I say softly as I reach out a hand and she softly takes it. We walk to the SUV and as we close our doors, her sob rips through her chest.

I immediately hold her and kiss her forehead.

"I-I thought he was never going to stop h-hitting me."

"Shhh you're okay I've got you.." I whisper calmly.

"Spencer I-it felt like being married to him all over again and i- I- when I felt his h-hands on m-me I-"

"I know.." I whisper.

Her breathing is very rapid and her hands are shaking.

I hold out my hand to hers and she holds it as we drive to the hospital.

The drive is silent and filled with y/n's rapid breathing.

As we drive I can start to feel her calm down a bit.

"He held a knife to my throat." She says softly.

I stay quiet.

"He threatened to stab me and kill our baby, Spencer I was so scared." She whispers as her voice breaks.

I squeeze her hand tightly.

"We-we are here." I say softly and she nods.

We get out of the SUV and head into the ER where we check into a room.

Y/n immediately gets put into a hospital gown and goes to get her X-rays and tests done.

I wait for her in her room until I eventually see the nurse wheel her back into the room.

Y/n softly crawls into her bed and stays quiet. I look at the doctor who is giving me a soft smile.

"Baby's vitals are all good, mom has a broken rib and wrist. She also needed stitches above her left eyebrow. She'll need to stay here and rest until everything heals." He says softly and I nod.

"Thank you."

The doctor leaves the room and I look over at Y/n who is laying on her side.

I look down at the floor just as I hear her weak voice.

"Spencer?"

"Yes?"

"Can you, can you lay in bed with me I-"

"Yes."

I don't even hesitate. I slip my shoes off and crawl into the uncomfortable hospital bed with her.

I cuddle her and kiss her forehead as she watches the television silently, and we eventually fall asleep.

A/N: this was a sad chapter and I'm so sorry for that :(

This book is getting closer and closer to the end which makes me sad and also kinda happy.

I have loved rewriting this book but I'm ready to start new projects and finish my Aaron Hotchner fic !!

Chapter summery:

Tw: SA & R@pe

Spencer and the team find Y/n, when they do they see she's already killed Jeramy but she looks very very beat up and hurt. Spencer finds out Jeramy raped her and she has a broken wrist and rib and has to stay in hospital until it's all healed. Spencer and Y/n fall asleep in the hospital bed holding one another.

If you have ever been sexually assaulted just know you are not alone, and it was not your fault. i love you.

-April