my thoughts on roe vs wade

(The photo up top is of my very large Great Dane, rhenna. (Ren-uh) to help cheer u all up as much as I can about these bullshit laws being put into place.)

Good afternoon all,
This is not how I wanted to greet you all or how I wanted my weekend to go. Yesterday morning, it was announced that Roe vs Wade has been overturned.

If you do not know what Roe vs Wade is, it was a landmark decision of the U.S. Supreme Court in which the Court ruled that the Constitution of the United States generally protects a pregnant woman's liberty to choose to have an abortion.

Now that this has been overturned, it means many if not most states, are taking away the rights of women to have abortions safely. Not only is Roe vs Wade harmful towards women, but also the lgbtqia+ community.

Justice Clarence Thomas has also called for the reconsideration of Griswold v. Connecticut, which established the right of married couples to use contraception; Lawrence v. Texas, which protects the right to same-sex romantic relationships; and Obergefell v. Hodges, which establishes the right to same-sex marriage.

This news is absolutely upsetting and not okay. All human beings should be treated the same no matter their gender,race,or sexual orientation.

I love you all and I hope you know that these laws do not make you or your opinions any less valid.  If any of you EVER and I mean EVER need anyone to talk to I am here. I love you. I hear you.

I hope you all have an amazing rest of your pride month.

Xoxo

-April

(New chapter will be posted Wednesday <33)