Chapter 25

1 week later

Dans P.O.V.

"You need to start from the beginning"i say. I see her whole body tense up.

We were on her last case. Murder. I ask her to start from the beginning. When she first met these people.

"Can I smoke? It'll make it easier to talk about" she asks

"As long as I can have one" I say and she hands me one. After we both light our cigs she starts

" Seth and I moved down here for two years and I met a few guys. They were nice. I went to one of their parties and they took me in the back room. I-" I cut her off allowing her to take another drag from her cig.

"Let me write this down" I say. I scribble stuff down. "Continue"

"They gave me drugs and I guess I liked it. I started going there more often. I met Andrew and he was a dealer. He was the best. A regular buyer wanted a lot from him but he didn't want to give him that much. The next day a couple of the best dealers all met up to get some new shit from a supplier. A few minutes after the supplier showed up so did the cops. I managed to jump out a window since we were on the first floor. Paul, a dealer, got caught and told them about me but twisted the truth. He told them that I was the supplier. Andrew told them I was just at the wrong place at the wrong time. They charged me with involvement. They let me off with a week in jail and it sucked" She says.

"Ok"

"Do you want me to tell you the night Carmela died?" She asks

"Well of course" I say

"Then I want him out" she says pointing to my boss who was standing in the corner.

"Excuse me that's not your decision" Mr. Evens says.

"I only discuss cases with my lawyer" she says and he walks out angrily.

"Ok he's gone. Talk."

"I didn't mean to kill her" she starts. " Her name was Carmela Ramirez. She was hooking up with my boyfriend, Andrew, for months. I walked in on them doing it and I lost it."

"So you killed her because she was hooking up with your boyfriend?" I ask.

"No it was self defense. She started pushing me around she hit me and I fought back. I pushed her back off of me and her head hit the corner of a desk and cracked her skull. At first she was just bleeding out and I knew she was breathing but then she got quieter and quieter with each breath. I told my boyfriend to call the police. But when the cops got there she was dead. They had no physical evidence it was me and my boyfriend was quiet"

"Well then that's it!! We just need to find him!! He'll tell the police it was self defense!!" I say excitedly.

"It's not that easy" she says.

"Why not?" I ask.

"This guy is the biggest fucking drug lord in probably the entire state of Florida. What do you want to do? Walk in there and say 'we need you to come down to the station and testify'. No not fucking happening. You walk in there looking like a square you'll possibly be shot on sight." She says.

"What if we wire you" I say

"You think they're stupid they'll know" she says.

"Well what do we do then?" I ask. She's quiet for a second thinking.

"Friday" she says

"What?" I ask

"Friday there's this huge party going on. He'll be there. I can talk to him"