Chapter 29

Katrinas P.O.V.

As I stand next the altar, I give my nervous brother a reassuring smile. I stand in my uncomfortable, but beautiful, maid of honors dress.

We see the doors at the back of the church open and all our attention goes there. We see Carrie walk down with her arm intertwined with my fathers.

Yes he had come to the wedding. Even though I'm still fucking pissed for the whole spy shit I'm trying to be friendly.

After the church service we head to the reception area.

Carries such a trooper! She has such an easy time moving considering the fact that the baby could pop out at any second. As I sit through the dinner not really bothering to socialize I see Dan walking to my table.

"Come one Katrina have fun! You're brothers married for fucks sake!" He says. "At least let me have one dance and then you can go back to sulking in the corner" he says I smile and stand up.

"One dance, and I wasn't sulking" I say sternly as he leads me to the dance floor.

After we had finished our dance I was supposed to give a speech. I go up nervously to the micro phone. I clear my throat.

"I'm sorry, I really had nothing planned" I say giggling with everyone els.

Hopefully laughing with me not at me.

"I guess I should start from the beginning. When We were eight our parents got into a fatal car accident. Our whole world was crumbling down as we thought they died in the hospital, we still had each other though. Until that got ripped away from us when we were put into two different foster homes. I don't know why but when I was younger I never bothered contacting my brother. As I got older I thought about reaching out, but was afraid of judgement. I'm glad that he did contact me. I wouldn't be standing here if he didn't." I pause and take a breath. "Our whole lives we had been struggling. We had family but now way to see them. All we had was pain. But when my brother met Carrie, It's like he forgot about his troubled past. He new that she would be the one. He finally found the happiness he longed for. And I know that when that little bugger pops out" everyone laughs "he'll make sure that they live their life to the fullest. So id like to propose a toast, to the lovely couple" I look at my brother "and an eternity of happiness"

The rest of the night was a blur.

I woke up in my room with my hair messy and makeup smudged all over my face. I look to my side to see Dan sleeping peacefully. I shake him awake.

"What?" He says tiredly.

"I think I'm going to see my dad today" I say. I decide to try to work things out.

"Ok and why does that have to interrupt my slumber" he questions.

"If we don't end up arguing I want you to come over for dinner. So he can get to know the man I love" I say.

"He already hates me" Dan says getting up. I give him a quick kiss.

"Who gives a fuck? The least we can do is try to get him to like you" I say. he groans. "Dan. I want my father at my wedding. I want my father to walk my down the isle. And I want him to be happy to see you at the end." I say.

"Okay fine" he says

"Yay!" I clap. "Get dressed and I'll call you if everything works out"

I walk to the address Cody told me. As I knock on the door my dad opens it.

"Thanks asshole!" I hear a teenage girl scream as she stomps up the stairs.

"Sleeping with teens now dads, wow" I say stepping in.