The talk

It was night time the kids came back from prison and phoebe was upset at her mom.

I was walking to see phoebe on her bed watching something and I was curious to know.

"Watcha doing?" I asked sitting on her bed.

She shows me vid of me and the boys when we were ghostbusters. Those days being memories.

"Is that you" she points at the younger version of me.

"Yes" I said. "I forgotten how young I was." I began wiping my tears seeing this. "You're grandfather and I were happy together. Though he doesn't express it he shows."

"Even though he left" phoebe asked.

I nod "I'm mad at him for leaving but I'm not sure if i forgive him yet. But I still love him".

"Grandma, I think I made contact with grandpa" I looked at her in shock " he taught me how to fix a pack that shoots out and takes ghosts."

"Anything else?" I asked.

"We went to a mountain that had ancient carvings and my friend and I read something about gozer."

I stood up when she mentions gozer, I heard many times  that EGON mentioned gozer.

"You're grandfather keeps talking about them" I told her.

"In the prison I called Ray stantz and told him about you, grandpa and many things. The town thought he was nuts"

I nod "you and I both know he's not nuts. "He's done crazy things but he's not nuts" I kissed her forehead "now to sleep"I walked down stairs to see Callie Waiting for me downstairs."I know what you're gonna say"

"How could you stand up for someone who abandoned you" she said in anger.

"Look I'm just as mad as you at your dad for leaving but I believe it's for a reason."

"Yeah reason that he's a deadbeat dad who doesn't care about you me, or anyone"

"That's not true" I shouted. "When you first came in this earth your father was filled with glee he said that he'll do anything to protect you"

"More like stay out of my life"

I had enough "you don't get it don't you"

"What's to get" she asked "you're the one who married a deadbeat" she said walking away.

I stood there alone in tears before heading to the front porch to look at the stars. "Egon, if only she would understand...." I lost my thoughts when I started going in tears "why did you have to me?" Then all the sudden I felt something on my shoulder I looked to see there's nothing there when I realized his presence could be here. I know what I must do "I promise you I will finish what you started and get rid of gozer for good"