twelve.

after amy had stormed off, silas had sat in silence with cass, staring in the direction that she had gone while he nibbled on his thumb. it only took him approximately two minutes to sigh and stand up, beginning to walk towards her tent, but note before momentarily stopping by his own. he found her in her tent, small sobs leaving her mouth. the girl went to wipe her tears away as she saw silas, who grimaced at how red her eyes were. "don't listen to shane, he's an asshole" silas muttered, going to sit down beside the girl, who giggled and nodded in agreement, "he is an asshole" she muttered back, wiping at her nose with her wrist.

after a moment of silence between them, where amy kept wiping her tears away and silas shifted around nervously, amy finally looked down at the small book that silas had on his lap, "what is that?" she asked, pointing to it with her brows furrowed in confusion. "my sketchbook" silas muttered back, fingers toying with the spine of it as his ears turned pink in embarrassment. amy gasped in excitement, sitting up straighter, "can i see? she asked, looking up at silas with hope and excitement in her eyes. the man only hesitated a moment before holding the book out for the girl, smiling in amusement as she squealed and grabbed the book, a wide smile on her face.

as soon as the blonde opened the sketchbook her smile grew even bigger, eyes widening in shock and amazement. as she flipped page after page she was met with a new drawing, each beautiful and different. some of the drawings were people, most of them featuring the same two men and cass, some other random people that didn't appear as often as the men did. the rest of the drawings were objects and places, a hotel room, the woods, a beautiful car, a necklace, and so on.

as she finished looking through, amy gushed, "you're amazing" she muttered, fingers softly holding onto the pages, almost as if she were afraid to ruin it. she noticed that more than half of the pages were still empty and she quickly shoved the book back into silas' hands, open to an empty page. "draw me?" she asked, looking up at him with such a soft smile that silas couldn't deny her, his eyes softening as he nodded, "stay still" he muttered, motioning for her to pose as he took a pencil out of his pocket.

amy posed with a soft smile, leaning back on the palms of her hands, cheeks rosy as her blonde hair framed her face. silas immediately got to work, switching from looking at her to drawing every couple minutes. "how'd you learn to draw?" the girl asked softly, trying not to move as she struck up a conversation, "i dunno, i was just bored so i drew, got better over time" he muttered, brows furrowed as he focused on the drawing. "and those two guys? the ones you drew so much?" she asked, watching as he tensed and stopped drawing momentarily. he was very obviously caught off guard as he hadn't expected her to ask him about the drawings.

"they're my brothers" he answered hesitantly, ripping his eyes away from the drawing to watch her reaction. her eyes brightened, smile spreading wider, "tell me about them" she prompted, eliciting a small chuckle from silas. "uh, dean's the oldest and sam's the youngest, i'm the middle child. dean's the one with short hair and sam's got long hair" amy hummed, showing she was listening, urging him to continue, noticing this silas' brows furrowed, lips dipping into a frown, "there's not much else" he said, shrugging softly as she sighed, "where are they?" she asked instead, tentatively and in fear of angering him. "not sure, we weren't together when everything happened" he sighed, beginning to shade the drawing in, almost being finished with it.

he only got to work in silence for a couple seconds before the girl broke it, "do you think shane's right?" the girl suddenly asked, causing silas' head to shoot up, "no," he scoffed out, "you shouldn't listen to him" he added, shaking his head before he continued, not giving amy a chance to speak. "glenn knows his way around that city, and if they're not back soon i'll go bring them back myself" he spoke, watching as a wide smile spread across her face, body relaxing as she nodded, "you're right, they'll be back" she muttered, and silas knew she was trying to convince herself, trying not to worry.

"i'm done" he muttered suddenly, smiling at the blonde, who sat up, reaching out for the book. "you made me look so pretty!" she gushed, looking down at the beautiful drawing with a wide smile. "just drew what i saw" he shrugged, looking at her cheeks that flushed red at the compliment. she fiddled with the book, not seeming to take her eyes off herself. "hey, mind not telling anybody about this?" he asked after a moment, motioning to the drawing, but also talking about the conversation they had. "what?" she asked, head tilted in confusion as he scratched his neck, "don't want people knowing i draw" he muttered, cheeks flushed a light pink.

the blonde smiled softly in understanding, not questioning him any further as she nodded, placing a hand on his shoulder in comfort. there was a bit of hurt in her eyes, maybe thinking he was ashamed that he had helped her, that he comforted her in his own little way. it wasn't that, amy wasn't the problem, it was his own thoughts. he couldn't help but remember the first time that john had found him drawing. he was around twelve years old and pretty good for someone his age. john hadn't seemed to care what silas said, only getting angry and ripping up silas' drawing screaming at him that he was meant to be training, not drawing. silas was always taught to train since a young age, there was no room for distractions. when little silas had began to cry and ask why he couldn't just draw and train he was met with a harsh slap from john, telling him to shut up and 'man up'. ever since then, silas had continued to draw, only now in secret. he would sneak papers and drawings around, dean helping to provide him with some as he stashed his most favorite drawings at bobby's house.

words; 1087

authors note;
silas would definitely TRY to comfort amy and nobody can change my mind <3
also, fuck john, i despise him sm, if u like him ure a bitch 🙄