twenty-four.

as soon as the group reached the room they were in before, the conversation that happened outside was long forgotten. rick didn't seem so angry anymore but silas was still on edge, trying to stand as far away from rick as he could without making it obvious. rick placed the bag of guns onto the table with a sigh, as daryl shoved the kid, who silas had learned was named miguel, onto the chair.

"them guns are worth more than gold, gold won't protect your family or put food on the table. you're gonna give that up for that kid?" daryl asked rick, referring to glenn as 'the kid', which earned him a glare from silas as t-dog sighed before speaking up, "if i knew we'd get glenn back, i might agree. but you think that vato across the way is just gonna hand him over?" he asked, standing beside rick and across from silas, who stood beside daryl.

the little shit, miguel, spoke up with an offended look towards t-dog, "you calling g a liar?" he asked, only to be shut up by daryl, who apprached him, "are you a part of this? you want to hold onto your teeth?" he asked, reaching a hand out and slapping the kid, earning himself the stink eye as the kid shrunk into his seat. "question is, do you trust that man's word?" rick sighed, obviously stressed with everything that was going on.

"no, question is what are you willing to bet on it? could be more than them guns. could be your life. glenn worth that to you?" at his words, silas scoffed, crossing his arms as he shook his head, "what life i have i owe to him. i was nobody to glenn, just some idiot stuck in a tank. he could have walked away, but he didn't. neither will i." at rick's words, silas felt an unexplainable amount of gratitude towards him.

"so you're gonna hand the guns over?" t-dog asked, watching as rick began checking the guns over with a soft sigh. "i didn't say that. look, there's nothing keeping you three here. you should get out, head back to camp." he said, staring around at the three before stopping at silas, who frowned down at his hands, "glenn's a pain in my ass but he's important" he said, reaching over and grabbing a shotgun for himself. only a moment later did t-dog and daryl follow suit, earning themselves grateful nods from rick.

words; 419

authors note;
hope u guys know i cut my hair super short and idk if i love it or hate it but idc ny hair was so dead from all the bleach and dye and i just needed a change with it ngl so im happy, it'll be way easier to manage now as well so that's prob the best part!!