thirty-five.

the rest of the car ride to the cdc was filled with tense silence. cass was sat in the backseat, eyes red and mouth down turned into a deep frown. silas only sat eerily still, staring out of the window and at the road with clenched fists and narrowed eyes. from behind the wheel, daryl shot occasional looks at the hunter, uncomfortably shifting in his seat at all of the tension.

after what felt like ages, the group finally came to a stop outside of the cdc, the sky darkening. there were bodies littering the floor, most of them being military. silas hopped out of the truck with his machete in his hand and jaw clenched at the horrible smell of the dead bodies, flies incessantly buzzing around. with some hesitation, the group began forward, heading towards the entrance.

"all right, everybody. keep moving, stay quiet, stay together. " shane walked near the front of the group, gripping his shotgun and avoiding stepping on any of the corpses or random limbs. "keep moving, come on." the group walked with bated breaths, carl's and sophia's small whimpers filling the air as their mothers held them close.

the group finally made it to the entrance of the cdc only to reveal that there was no way in. "there's nobody here" rick pounds on the door as he ignores t-dog. "then why are these shutters down?" rick looked confused, looking around as he tried to spot a way for them to get in. "walkers!" silas cursed under his breath as he migrated towards the back of the group, where daryl came to stand beside him with his crossbow raised. the two worked together to get rid of the walkers as the others tried to figure out what to do, their loud voices only drawing more in.

the group continued to argue as the two hunters worked to keep the walkers away from them, killing any that got too close for comfort. as they killed more, it was clear that they would need the others to help them, the two couldn't kill all of them. "cass, stay behind me" hurriedly, silas pushed cass behind him in an attempt to keep him safe from the walkers.

"the camera... it moved." head snapping back, silas stared at rick in disbelief, "you imagined it" shane shook his head, hand on his friends shoulder. "it moved. it moved." rick could only stare at the camera, seemingly mesmerized. "rick, it is dead, man. it's an automated device. it's gears, okay? they're just winding down, now come on." exhaling deeply, silas fidgeted a bit as shane tried to pull rick away, who was on the edge of becoming hysterical.

he could probably get them inside of the cdc, he just had to know what to say to the person behind the camera. his eyes narrowed at the camera as he racked his brain for anything, trying to think of it quick as t-dog and glenn helped daryl with the walkers.

"fuck this" silas muttered, pushing his way towards the front, he hoped this would work and if not he would just look pretty stupid. he stood in front of the camera, glare set on his face, "i'm a winchester." just when it seemed that nothing would happen a bright light blinded them all, the sound of the shutters moving. his arm came up to cover his eyes as silas scoffed in amusement, the door had opened.

words; 577

authors note;
u cannot tell me the cdc does not know abt the supernatural 🙄 those fuckers probably know ab so many things so yeah jenner would know ab the winchesters and prob keep tab on as many hunters as they can because i said so 😜
also i met one of my old situationships new girl today bcs he's my brothers friend and we're cool now yk? but idk what's wrong w his girl like she's genuinely weird and annoying, she was walking behind me for a fat minute and kept stepping on the back of my shoe/bumping into me hard asfk like i was fr pissed off but i can't rlly do anything cs i genuinely think she has like something but ooh the fucking way i held back from turning to that bitch n telling her to back the fuck up w her unnecessary aas closeness😐😐