twenty-five.

the small group made it to the place they were at before, miguel's hands tied behind his back. it didn't take long before the doors opened and their leader stepped out, a man whose name was guillermo. "i see my guns but they're not all in the bag." he said, stepping up and staring at rick with a raised brow, "that's because they're not yours. i thought i mentioned that." a man came up to stand a bit behind guillermo, leaning over and not so discreetly whispering, "let's just shoot these fools right now, ese. all right? unload on their asses, ese."

guillermo chose to ignore the man, only acknowledging that he heard him by turning his head to the side a bit before he turned forward again, "i don't think you fully appreciate the gravity of the situation." from daryl's tight hold, miguel seemed disappointed that he was still not with his group, and it was clear in the way he shifted. "no, i'm pretty clear" rick scoffed as he took miguel's arm, cutting him free and shoving him toward their group.

"you have your man, i want mine." with a snarl, guillermo paid no mind to miguel as the scared boy rushed to stand behind him. "i'm gonna chop up your boy. i'm gonna feed him to my dogs, they're the evilest, nastiest man-eating bitches you ever saw. i picked them up from satan at a yard sale." silas scoffed at this, eyes narrowed at the man, "i told you how it has to be. are you woefully deaf?" there was no way this group was any supernatural creature, demons would make sense but be highly unlikely, especially with the way they acted.

"no, my hearing's fine. you said come locked and loaded." as rick spoke, the small group simultaneously held up their guns and cocked them, standing tall.  "okay then, we're here." rick pointed his gun at guillermo and silas suddenly felt very nervous. they were very obviously outnumbered and they weren't any good for glenn if they were dead. there was only a minute of tense silence before a voice began calling out in the distance, only seeming to get closer. "felipe! felipe!" a lady suddenly showed up and silas raised a brow.

"abuela, go back with the others. now." the man beside guillermo said, grabbing onto her arms and trying to steer her away. "get that old lady out of the line of fire" daryl huffed, scowling as he pointed his weapone at them uneasily. "shut the fuck up" silas muttered from behind him, lowering his gun completely. "abuela, listen to your mijo, okay? this is not the place for you right now."

"mr. gilbert is having trouble breathing. he needs his asthma stuff. carlitos didn't find it. he needs his medicine." she spoke frantically, obviously very nervous and at her words silas froze. he felt like an idiot, he hadn't realized what was happening. the world going to shit meant silas wasn't fully aware of where he was at all times. he sure as hell didn't remember this place being here and he didn't expect it to still be running. he began feeling a sense of familiarity as he began to look around at some of the men, it was all because of a hunt.

the three brothers had been called to atlanta by mr. gilbert, a retired hunter. there were multiple weird deaths, some of them even being the young workers, which was what had alarmed mr. gilbert the most. in the end, the problem was a ghost, a nurse who had previously been killed by another nurse. silas felt both guilty and relieved, mr. gilbert was still alive, somehow these people had kept him safe, something he was grateful for.

stepping forward, silas nervously smiled down at abuela, immediately seeing the recognition in her eyes as she gasped loudly. "ay, mijo! que hermoso sigues siendo" she smiled widely, and silas winced as she pinched his cheeks. she planted a kiss on each, the mans cheeks turning a bit red in embarrassment. "what the hell?" daryl mumbled from behind silas, all of their guns now lowered as everybody stared in shock.

"podría llevarnos a ver al señor gilbert?" silas asked, holding onto abuela's arm softly. "of course!" she nodded eagerly, before beginning to pull him along, and the vatos let them all through as they were pulled along a hallway, where rick winced as he realized what the place actually was.

words; 749

authors note;
latina queen silas😫 anyways, im liking the rewrite wayy better because now im actually giving silas more lines and trying to switch some things up/give him more plot yk?