thirty-two.

the group decided to hold one big funeral for everybody that they had lost but silas couldn't bring himself to show up, and it seemed he was the only one who didn't as he moved around camp, trying to get things fixed up. he felt like a complete asshole for not going but it just didn't feel right, he barely even knew any of the people who died. sure, he knew amy and they would hang out but even then it didn't feel right.

he was trying to distract himself as he sorted through his things, packing them up for when they would inevitably leave their small camp. his thoughts kept straying to amy, the sweet young girl who had been sweet to him since the moment he arrived at camp. the man felt guilty because maybe he should've listened to shane and never gone back to atlanta to look for merle. what was he even thinking going to look for the older dixon? the man was a complete asshole, always making the women in camp uncomfortable with her crude comments. he would prance around camp, high out of his mind spitting racist and homophobic remarks at anybody who was in his line of sight.

silas was snapped out of his thoughts as his tent opened and cass walked in, frowning. "we're leaving to the cdc soon" he muttered, coming to kneel beside silas, who hummed, showing he had heard him. "you should go see amy at least once, say bye before we leave" the angel added, beginning to follow silas' lead and pack up the little belongings he had. "maybe" silas muttered back, zipping his pack up as he was done packing everything up.

"i'll be back, yeah? ask somebody to help you with the tent" silas softly squeezed cass' shoulder before walking out of the tent with his bag, not waiting for a response. it seemed everybody else had made it back to camp, moving around as quickly as they could to pack their belongings up and into their vehicles. "hey!" glenn speed walked up to silas, hands in hid pockets, "hey, what are the seating arrangements?" he asked, looking at the three cars that seemingly had been decided would be taken, "well, i'd say you and cass have to ride with daryl" the korean man muttered, and the two turned their sights to the dixon, who was loading merle's bike onto the bed of the truck.

as if feeling eyes on him, daryl looked up, catching their eyes and shooting them a deep glare, lips curled in distaste. "how cute" silas muttered, raising his brows at the dixon, "it's either ride with him or shane" glenn muttered back, quickly looking away from the other hunter. at his words, silas' gaze averted so he now looked at shane, who stood beside rick with his hands on his hips, seeming to be in a heated conversation. "yeah, i'll take dixon" he said, patting glenn's shoulder softly before beginning to walk away from him and towards daryl's truck, where the man was putting his bag into the back, alongside the bike.

"cass and i are riding with you" silas said, not giving daryl room to argue with him about it as the taller of the two dropped his bag on top of daryl's, making sure to avoid hitting the bike. he wouldn't want to risk getting an arrow in the ass due to accidentally pissing the redneck off. daryl only huffed, rolling his eyes before he eyed silas from head to toe, earning himself a small smirk. "be back soon, don't miss me too much" the winchester said, causing daryl's eyes to shoot back up to meet his, earns turning a light pink color as silas began walking away.

the winchester felt nervous as he walked to where the bodies had been buried, he felt he at least owed it to amy to go visit her resting place. as he reached it he immediately knew which grave was amy's because andrea sat beside it, silent tears flowing down her face. silas considered turning around and pretending he never even walked up there but he didn't get the chance to. "she admired you, y'know?" andrea turned to him, as if she had sensed him there and he froze for a second before continuing so he stood beside her.

"gosh, she would never shut up about you and how cool you were" the blonde continued as silas lowered himself so he sat beside her, silas chuckled softly at her words, "i am pretty cool" he agreed, staring down at the mound of fresh dirt. from beside him, andrea chuckled as well, wiping at her nose using the top of her hand. "thank you for being there for her" the blonde said, smiling softly as silas only shrugged, "god knows you gave that girl all the entertainment she needed in an apocalypse."

after a minute of the two just sitting there in silence, andrea's soft voice sounded out once again, "it's her birthday" she said, staring sadly at the makeshift and crooked cross that was planted into the dirt, amy's name carved into it crookedly. "i know, she wouldn't shut up about it" the man scoffed, turning to make eye contact with andrea, who muttered an 'of course' under her breath. the two continued to sit there in silence for a couple of minutes before it was time to leave. dale had showed up to let them know, and with one last look at amy's grave they walked away, the pink beaded bracelet that silas had gotten her delicately swayed with the wind, dangling off her cross.

words; 944

authors note;
edited version is so much different than the original, the comments may confuse u lol but in the original gabriel is around and he's a big part of this chapter and silas never went to amy's grave but since i decided not to introduce gabriel i added in him and andrea because i want more interactions of him with other people and i wanted this chapter to be longer :)