thirty-one.

after finding out that jim had been bitten during the attack, silas had been moving around nonstop, helping in getting rid of the walkers. he didn't know jim all too well but the man had never given him any problems, only staring an excessive amount. silas remembers cass mentioning how welcoming jim was to him when he had first arrived. the man had willingly shared his food with cass, taking him under his wing and never questioning cass' weird antics.

he never questioned the fact that cass would refer to himself as an angel in the beginning, and how little knowledge he had of things. perhaps he assumed cass had some issues, especially with the fact that the dead had risen and the world had gone to shit.

although, silas had to admit, he was weary of jim. the man was always around, his eyes staring holes into silas. it didn't worry him much because the mans gaze wasn't unwelcome, it was simply there. both him and cass knew something was off with jim, but they never voiced their concerns so silas simply brushed it off, not paying the man much mind.

silas was currently helping daryl in bashing the dead ones heads, ensuring that they were actually down and wouldn't come back up for a snack. the winchester and dixon used pickaxes, grunting as they went on with the task. silas only stopped when he reached a certain body, multiple chunks of it's body eaten. although the face was still recognizable so silas smirked as he stared down at ed's dead body.

"well, at least one good thing happened" he muttered, earning daryl's attention, who walked over to see whose body he was staring down at, "huh, really tore into him" the hunter mumbled, staring down at ed with his nose scrunched up. as silas went to lift the pickaxe and bring it down on his head, a small hand on his bicep stopped him, flinching the smallest bit at the sudden touch.

to his right stood carol, eyes rimmed red with tears in them, tracks noticeable down her cheeks. "i'll do it, he's my husband" timidly, carol looked up at silas, who lowered the pickaxe and handed it to her, stepping back to give her space. the woman brought it up in the air before swinging down, letting a cry out as she hit his skull, but she didn't stop there as she brought it down a couple more times, still letting out cries.

silas only watched, observing the mourning woman, who bashed in the head of her husband until he was unrecognizable. silas and daryl made eye contact, the shorter of the two stopping what he was doing in order to watch the womans movements. he held a slight bit of understanding in his eyes, which caused silas' eyes to narrow at him before carol finally stopped.

tears streamed down carol's face, her lip quivering slightly as she held the pickace limply. silas reached out for it, softly taking it out of her grasp, offering her a small and unsure smile. "you're free." he muttered, and carol looked up at him in shock before she finally nodded, arms wrapping around her body timidly as she quickly walked away with her head down. you're free. the same two words that bobby had muttered to him when john had passed, his arms wrapped around silas' sobbing form because john didn't show his sons any love, but in the end he gave his life for them.

silas' thoughts were cut off as he heard amy's name, turning his head back as he saw that it was andrea, who began crying all over again as amy began to stir. "amy. amy, i'm sorry" amy's bloodshot eyes stared up at her sister, no recognition in them. "i'm sorry for not ever being there. i always thought there'd be more time. i'm here now, amy. i'm here. i love you" andrea began sobbing softly as amy's hand came up, pale hand reaching up to her. small growls left her mouth and silas frowned, not understanding why such a sweet soul had to face a horrible fate. the older blonde slowly reached for her gun, tears falling off her face and onto amy's as she held the barrel up to her head, her other hand working to push the blonde locks of her sister before she finally pulled the trigger.

words; 736

authors note;
amy :( love u gang i wonder what she would have been like if she actually survived but idk she was super pretty in death like idk if that's weird but she fr looked so beautiful anyways im like imagining daryl and silas together already😫❤️ i love fruity older men