thirty-four.

when shane and t-dog made it back, the group was still stood outside the rv, trying to decide what jim's fate would be. cass was still inside, not wanting any part in the decision making but instead choosing to make his friend more comfortable in his last moments. "it's what he says he wants." rick exhaled as he stepped out of the rv. they were told that jim had decided he wanted to be left behind.

"and he's lucid?" carol stared at rick in disbelief, eyes wide and slightly watery with unshed tears. "he seems to be" rick nodded, as dale looked between the whole group with weary eyes, "back in the camp when i said daryl might be right and you shut me down, you misunderstood. i would never go along with callously killing a man. i was just gonna suggest that we ask jim what he wants, and i think we have an answer." glenn nodded, staring down at his shoes as shane scoffed at the words being exchanged.

"we just leave him here? we take off? man, i'm not sure i could live with that" frustratedly, shane looked around at the group. "it's not your call, either one of you." silas' eyes narrowed as he stared at lori, who had her arms crossed. she had both men wrapped around her finger and neither seemed realized this as they went silent at her words.

that seemed to be the end of the conversation and right on cue, cass stepped out of the rv, face set in a down cast expression. the angel ignored the rest of the group as he walked over to stand beside silas, their arms brushing together in slight comfort. silas could only sigh, placing his hand on the back of cass' neck as rick and shane carried a weak jim out of the rv. "why do we have to leave him?" cass asked, voice cracking as he looked up at silas, who sighed softly.

because why did they have to leave him behind? why did one of the few people who treated him like something have to die. "it's what he wants.." silently, cass nodded as his eyes watered. the duo watch as everyone began saying their goodbyes to jim, the two waiting before it's only them left. everyone else had already made their way into their cars and we're waiting for the two to be done.

"hey" jim breathily chuckled and silas couldn't help but clench his jaw at the sight of him. his head was tilted back in agony and he was all sweaty, his hair and clothes clung to his skin. "jim.." slowly, cass kneeled before him and placed a tentative hand on his shoulder, not wanting to cause the man any more pain. "hey, maybe i'll meet some more angels" jim smiled weakly as silas and cass looked at him in shock. silas looked behind him to make sure everyone was away before crouching at jim's other side.

"what?" panicked, cass and silas made eye contact, eyes wide. "you're silas winchester. smart of you to use a fake last name" weakly, jim pulled his shirt sleeve up to reveal an anti possession tattoo on his upper arm, always concealed by a shirt. "you knew? this whole time?" cass stared astonished as jim nodded, hand gripping a gun that rick had left for him, "i heard a lot about you before, both of you. there was talk about angels roaming around, never knew i'd meet y'all"

"lucky you" chuckling, silas wiped at his nose as he looked behind him, noticing daryl impatiently sitting in the truck, his narrowed eyes staring at the three men. "you should hurry" jim noticed daryl's impatience as well and looked at the two with a small smile on his face. "i'll catch up" sending a nod cass' way, silas watched him hug the man before getting up and walking away, back toward the truck.

"why'd you never say anything earlier?" silas asked jim, looking at him in confusion as the man shrugged, "wouldn't have mattered" he mumbled, fiddling with the gun, which prompted silas to reach for it, "you don't have to do it" shaking his head, jim stared at silas tearfully. "who will?" silas only held his hand out, palm up as he waited for jim to place the gun in his hand, but the man only stared at him, unsure.

"you're too weak to do it. you want to be with your family? trust me and let me do this. or your soul will most likely be trapped." this seemed to convince jim as he handed silas the gun, although he did so reluctantly. standing up, silas towered over jim, taking the safety off the gun. he shakily inhaled as jim smiled softly up at him, nodding in reassurance. "find them" with one last smile from jim, silas pulled the trigger, slightly flinching at the sound but trying to mask it.

turning with a clenched jaw, silas put the safety back on and tucked the gun into the waistband of his jeans. "let's go" he muttered as he got into the truck, the rest of the group immediately began driving and daryl followed, shooting silas a small glance.

words; 875

authors note;
yeah jim was a little hunter bcs i need to incorporate more supernatural in here, i've seen some twd x spn fics and (im literally not trying to hate) but i rarely ever see much supernatural things in it so i wanted to include some :)