twenty-two.

the group of men decided to go talk to the kids group, hoping to have a calm discussion and get glenn back. t-dog was on sniper duty but he was nervously fiddling with the sniper, licking his lips as he looked around. "i can do it instead" silas offered, causing t-dog to glance up at him with a nervous chuckle.

"are you sure? i mean, if it's fine with rick" at the mention of his name, rick turned around with an eyebrow raised, the whole group coming to a stop. "i can go up and use the sniper instead of t-dog" silas offered, as they came up to the ladder he would need to climb. "you sure you're up for it?" rick questioned, head tilted in question, "hell yeah" silas muttered, smiling as he reached out for the sniper, t-dog visibly relaxing as he handed it off to the man.

"besides, i've done it before" silas added, sending a smirk to the terrified kid as he checked out the sniper, making sure it was loaded before he threw it onto his back, humming in satisfaction. his comment earned him weird looks from the other three but they shrugged it off, thinking he just wanted to scare the kid some more. silas wasted no time, immediately beginning to climb the ladder with ease, only stopped when rick called out to him. "be careful" the man called up, causing silas to look down at him with a smirk, "yes sir" he saluted, before continuing to climb up.

finally reaching the top of the building, silas sat on his knees, peeking his head down to shoot the group a thumbs up, showing he made it up alright. they only nodded back before beginning to move once again, now heading to where the other group resided. in the time they made it there, silas began to set up, propping the sniper up and laying on his stomach.

"bingo" he muttered to himself, keeping his sights on the man who appeared to be the leader, standing tall before their small group. licking his lips, silas hovered his finger by the trigger as he kept the man in his sight, trying to figure out what was going on. all of them seemed to be talking and silas could tell from all the tense shoulders that it wasn't going too well.

although it got more tense when rick seemed to motion in his direction and everybody turned to look at him. he momentarily pulled back from the sniper, flashing them his middle finger and smiling in amusement as he did so. next thing he knew, everybody turned their focus to something else, and his breath got caught in his throat as two men stepped onto the roof of their building, glenn stood between them with a bag over his head. "oh hell no" he muttered, watching as they ripped the bag off and glenn looked around, eyes squinted as the bright sun hit him.

making sure that the silencer was on, silas now focused on one of the mens legs, feeling determined after seeing glenn's frightened face. no one anticipated the gunshot but the man who received it howled in pain, glenn looked down at him with wide eyes, shock evident on his face. the men at the bottom all looked up in shock, staring straight at silas, but the only face that really stood out to him was rick's face of anger. well, shit.

words; 581

authors note;
guys i drunk texted him today im so stupid😭 ill lyk if he replies but for now im gonna go on dnd, blast music, chop all my hair off, and keep writing