twenty-eight.

as the group walked away from the retirement home in silence, silas felt dread, hating the fact that he had to leave mr. gilbert behind. silas walked behind the rest of the group, definitely not missing the looks that glenn awkwardly kept shooting his way.

"so, you're fbi?" glenn asked awkwardly, gaining everybody else's attention as silas' ears turned red, "was fbi" he muttered, only side eyeing glenn. he barely even felt bad for lying to glenn as he watched the way his eyes brightened, "that's so freaking cool!" the korean gushed, causing rick to chuckle in amusement at his reaction. silas only shrugged, beginning to speed up, "i guess" he muttered.

the men were once again enveloped in silence, but it was broken pretty quickly, once again, by glenn. "admit it, you only came back to atlanta for the hat." shaking himself out of his thoughts, silas looked over to rick, who now wore a sheriffs head atop his head. "don't tell anybody." with a smile, rick glanced at glenn as he adjusted the hat, amused by their small conversation.

"you've given away half our guns and ammo." the moment was ruined by daryl, who seemed annoyed at the two, rolling his eyes at them. "not nearly half." furrowing his brows in confusion, silas barely noticed how there were noticeably less guns than before.
"for what? bunch of old farts who are gonna die off momentarily anyhow?" clenching his jaw, silas huffed in annoyance. "seriously, how long you think they got?"

"shut the fuck up." gripping his machete tighter, silas sped up his pace even more, so he walked slightly ahead of the whole group, a murderous glare on his face.
"how long do any of us?" rick asked back quickly, and it seemed to shut daryl up, who only grumbled. silas took a quick moment to thank chuck for a man like rick.

as they continued to walk, silas' head swarmed with bad thoughts, the words that daryl had said running around his mind in a loop. mr. gilbert wasn't as strong and agile as he used to be when silas was a kid. he was old and tired, he didn't have it in him to fight, he was one of the few hunters who actually lived a long life. he kept shooting the dixon dirty looks every now and then as they kept walking, and the other seemed to pick up on them, but he only side eyed silas in response.

"oh shit" coming to an abrupt stop, the men now stood in the spot where the van they arrived in was previously parked. they couldn't have been in the wrong spot because from where he stood, silas could see the prominent tire marks left behind. "where the hell's our van?" the winchester asked, which earned him a wide eyed look from glenn, who looked just as confused as he sounded.

"we left it right there. who would take it?" glenn nervously glanced up at rick, body stiff and eyes wearily looking around, as if whoever took it would jump out at any moment. "merle." rick muttered, and at the realization, the group looked around at each other. they winced as they imagined a one handed angry redneck showing up to camp, and they all knew it wouldn't end well, "he's gonna be taking some vengeance back to camp."

words; 562

authors note;
my brother and i watched the new mr beast video and he didn't know who sam and colby were??? like hello? anyways i explained to him who they were and he was like "ohhh" 🤯 so yeah bye im done talking