seven.

later that same evening, silas had decided to show cass how to wash his clothes, he felt bad having his friend walk around in dirty clothes but he also felt angry. nobody at that camp had bothered to help cass, no one had offered to teach him how to wash his own clothes, but silas was there now and he could do these things. he would.

he had gave the skinned animals to a timid woman with short gray hair, who cass had told him was named carol. the woman had smiled in thanks, muttering about how she would make sure to cook it for tonights dinner.

by now, silas was very confused by the way their camp worked, he could see a group of women hanging up freshly washed clothes to dry, and another small group of them helping cook the food. most of the men were lounging around while the kids played with one another. silas observed it all before he approaced the group of women hanging the clothes up.

"hey, can i borrow some soap?" the man asked, causing the previously talking women to go silent, awkwardly looking at the man. "what do you need it for?" a blonde woman asked, eyeing him from head to toe with clear judgement in her eyes that immediately pissed silas off, all he had done was ask for some soap.

"my buddy and i were hoping to wash some clothes" he answered, motioning a hand to cass, who smiled widely and flashed a thumbs up to the women. the blonde went to say something, her hands on her hips before a younger looking blonde girl held a bar of soap out to silas, who sighed in relief.

"here you go" she muttered, looking up at silas with kind and warm eyes, ones that instantly reminded silas of someone he once knew. "thank you" the man spoke, a sincere smile on his face as he ignored how rosy the girls' cheeks got, her lips pulling into a small and shy smile.

after their interaction, silas was quick to walk away and lead cass towards the quarry, silas holding a backpack filled with some other clothes that needed to be washed. "we're washing my clothes?" cass asked, looking up at silas who smirked, "hell yeah, cass"

the two made it down to the quarry, where silas took a seat on a slightly elevated rock, cass following suit. "here, borrow some of my clothes until yours are clean" silas muttered, digging through his bag until he found a grey t-shirt and black sweatpants. the sweatpants were too long so cass had to fold them, adjusting them so they fit him well.

"washing clothes is very easy, you just soap it up and scrub it, try to get all the dirt out" silas muttered, already beginning to work on scrubbing a shirt. "why do we have to wash them? can't we switch into new clothes every time we are done with something?" at this question, silas stopped his movements and huffed. "because, we can't always find new clothes"

"oh" cass looked down at his shirt confused, a small frown on his face as silas smiled over at him. "pay attention" the hunter said, causing cass to immediately look over and begin paying attention to what silas was doing.

words; 555

authors note;
555 😻🙏
anyways, it's so fucking cold?? like wtf?? who let it be THIS cold😒